This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#79650 by nn5i
Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:21 am
I_Ooma_2 wrote:I like the new look of the Telo setup pages. It looks more "modern" than before. For some reason the older setup pages looked like something out of the 60s or 70s to me. Some very nice improvements so far, even if some are only cosmetic.

Wondering what kind of Web pages you saw in the 60s and 70s. Me, I didn't see any.
#79667 by horsecore
Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:16 am
nn5i wrote:
I_Ooma_2 wrote:I like the new look of the Telo setup pages. It looks more "modern" than before. For some reason the older setup pages looked like something out of the 60s or 70s to me. Some very nice improvements so far, even if some are only cosmetic.

Wondering what kind of Web pages you saw in the 60s and 70s. Me, I didn't see any.

:D :D
#79684 by southsound
Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:38 pm
lbmofo wrote:http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/history/inventedweb.html
http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/history/firstsite.html
http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/Overview.html take a look at the FAQ link

Just a couple of posers trying to take credit for something created by a great American. Everyone knows that Al Gore invented both the Internet and web browsing. I think he did it just after he invented world peace so it must have been back in the 60's. And he did it without inhaling!

Ahh. History. I love it. :P
#79690 by I_Ooma_2
Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:01 pm
nn5i wrote:Wondering what kind of Web pages you saw in the 60s and 70s. Me, I didn't see any.

And that's what blew my mind! If there had been web pages in the 60s, I believe they would have looked like the previous Telo setup pages. :D

Although the more I think of it.... maybe they were more out of the 50s........ :?

Or would you buy this?

Al Gore is my cousin's sister's wife's uncle (that's right, sister's wife), and back when he was a young man alpha-testing his amazing invention (the internet) decades before he went public with it, that's exactly what the pages looked like. I didn't see it first-hand (obviously), but this is from old family photos, dot-matrix printouts, and the like.
#79695 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:42 pm
southsound wrote:Everyone knows that Al Gore invented both the Internet and web browsing. I think he did it just after he invented world peace so it must have been back in the 60's. And he did it without inhaling!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNcZeP-nLuY

"Radical environmentalists have been using the public schools to brainwash children for decades, and it works. The British High Court ruled in October 2007 that Al Gore's global warming propaganda, "An Inconvenient Truth," is so riddled with factual errors that schools can't show it unless they acknowledge it is scientifically debatable. But schoolchildren still believe the exaggerations, as evidenced in this clip from our forthcoming film "Not Evil Just Wrong: The True Cost Of Global Warming Hysteria."

Taking advantage of people's compassion much as the Tibet movement has done for years.
#79732 by nn5i
Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:16 pm
I_Ooma_2 wrote:Al Gore ... back when he was a young man alpha-testing his amazing invention (the internet) decades before he went public with it, that's exactly what the pages looked like.

Dang, isn't that when ol' Al was in the House of Representatives, and later the Senate? I thought House and Senate pages all looked like impressionable teenage girls.
#79738 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:32 pm
nn5i wrote:
I_Ooma_2 wrote:Al Gore ... back when he was a young man alpha-testing his amazing invention (the internet) decades before he went public with it, that's exactly what the pages looked like.

Dang, isn't that when ol' Al was in the House of Representatives, and later the Senate? I thought House and Senate pages all looked like impressionable teenage girls.

WOW - LMAO :D Good one
#79751 by jongalt
Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:01 am
lzhj9k wrote:No update here as of Monday 4-18 @ 9:05 AM

Perhaps this week...........

4/19 and no Love. I'm always relegated last to get a firmware update. Can't the have nots ever go first?
#79760 by lzhj9k
Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:00 am
jongalt wrote:
lzhj9k wrote:No update here as of Monday 4-18 @ 9:05 AM

Perhaps this week...........

4/19 and no Love. I'm always relegated last to get a firmware update. Can't the have nots ever go first?

No Love here either............. STILL waiting

With DirecTV there is a code you can enter to force a DL of new firmware, if new firmware is in the stream...