This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#78556 by roadshow
Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:26 am
I hope some of the apllicable fixes will be applied to the Hub. I was told that the new update will address the"gunshot" sound issue. I have this happen often on my Hub.
#78557 by danlisman
Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:44 am
- reduced latency on PureVoice calls (should be about 80-100 msec less then before)

I just want to make sure that I understand the definition of "PureVoice calls".
I think this would be on any type handset on any Ooma call that is not prefixed by *98, *99, etc...
This fix does not apply only to Telo HD handsets which make HD phone connections.
Telo HD handset requires PureVoice, but PureVoice applies to Ooma proprietary CODEC used by all Telo callers.

Bottom line:
Will this help me even though I do not have Telo HD handsets??
#78559 by Bobby B
Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:14 pm
In the context of the release note - PureVoice applies to all Telo calls that utilize adaptive packet redundancy. This is turned on for all calls by default, except for calls that utilize the high-bandwidth codec (used when you dial *98, *99, etc).

danlisman wrote:
- reduced latency on PureVoice calls (should be about 80-100 msec less then before)

I just want to make sure that I understand the definition of "PureVoice calls".
#78620 by ntoy
Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:40 am
KEM wrote:I'm still fairly new to Ooma. How do we know when a firmware release will be or has been deployed?

Thanks! - KEM

Hello,

Your box is still on 43368. We are rolling out this update in batches. It can take up to most of next week to complete.
Thanks for your patience.

Once on 45073, dial *#*#001 to hear the firmware version.
#78623 by KEM
Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:16 am
lbmofo wrote:Using computer connected behind home port of Ooma, goto setup.ooma.com.
viewtopic.php?t=9536#p66190

Thanks. That sounds rather inconvenient. It seems like maybe a post from Ooma the day before/after a deployment would be better than having to manually connect a PC and check regularly.

I picked up this tip in another thread: "Dial *#*#001 to hear the firmware version."

- KEM
#78624 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:19 am
That firmware announcement is included in the update you haven't gotten yet :)
setup.ooma.com is accessible from any computer without messing with wires if your setup has ooma before your router.
If ooma is after your router, just need to connect a computer to "home" port once and setup port forwarding rule and access via ooma's static ip address in the future. viewtopic.php?t=10864#p75608