This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#79316 by vicw
Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:03 am
tomcat wrote:In my.ooma.com under "Phone Numbers" click on your phone number on the right to change the setting. It is not dependent on your telo firmware so you should be able to access it.

Thanks, that worked. I guess the guy/s who designed the my.ooma site are on a different wavelength than I am, or I am indeed just losing my mind.
#80078 by lynneblack
Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:05 pm
my number was just ported to Ooma from Vonage and I am delighted with it. With Vonage I was plagued with echoing and the inability for two people to talk simultaneously. I lived with that for 4 years making numerous calls to customer service with no resolution. Vonage had half convinced me the problem was on my end even though speed tests came back with excellent results. I am having none of those problems with Ooma, what a pleasure it is to be able to talk without hearing everything I say 1 second later..
#80079 by lbmofo
Thu May 05, 2011 9:31 pm
Welcome to Ooma lynneblack. Enjoy!
#80806 by nn5i
Sun May 08, 2011 4:52 am
vicw wrote:I guess the guy/s who designed the my.ooma site are on a different wavelength than I am, or I am indeed just losing my mind.

These two possibilities are not mutually exclusive. I myself am proof of this.
#81613 by SophieAV
Wed May 18, 2011 12:31 pm
Thank you Thunderbird!!! I ran the speed test and based on the result changed my Download and Upload Speed in QoS accordingly and the annoying Echo is now gone!!! Woot!!!