This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#77805 by cbhig
Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:38 am
I have an Ooma Hub and Scout that I purchased in Jan 2010. I have had no problems using it until last Friday, 3/18/11, I began to get a message stating " The Number you have dialed is unallocated" whenever I call another "local" landline. I am able to dial cell phones without getting this message. I live in Montana, and I am able to dial East Coast landline numbers without getting this message. However, when I dial a Montana landline, I get the message. Has there been a recent upgrade to the system? Or is the Ooma no longer able to connect to landlines managed by Qwest?
#77807 by thunderbird
Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:39 am
cbhig:

This is a "bug" that seems to have been going around. Some Work-Arounds follows:

With ten digit dialing enabled in you "My Ooma", try dialing 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx for local calling. (It doesn't cost you anything).

Other people have success with dialing *99-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Most important is to contact Ooma Customer Support and report your problem to get it resolved:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST