This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#77661 by Glacier
Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:59 am
I was finally successful last week in sending a fax...yeah!

Trying to send again today and cannot even get past dialing the number. I have put in *99 then pause (which is # on my HP) and the number. I get a fast busy signal in the middle of dialing the number. I have enabled fax mode, etc.
#77662 by southsound
Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:16 am
I have an idea that the HP is actually sending a # which will cause the fast busy (reorder) tone. Try it without the # and let us know if that does it.
#77664 by southsound
Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:27 am
Glacier wrote:No, it connects then but the Fax is not sent. I get an error page.

Sorry, I must have misread your original post:

Glacier wrote:I have put in *99 then pause (which is # on my HP) and the number. I get a fast busy signal in the middle of dialing the number.

I guess I'm not sure what is happening on your end. Best wishes in resolving it.
#77665 by Glacier
Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:32 am
I get the busy signal when the next number is dialed after the # number. I hope it starts to work again. My number just ported this week so I don't know if that is the issue. I have tried rebooting, etc.
#77672 by southsound
Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:06 pm
OK, so let me try again. With most fax machines the # can be used to store a pause in memory. When dialing live, the # on those machines sends the actual DTMF tones for the #. My suggestion was to dial the number manually - first the *99 then wait until you hear the standard dial tone return, then dial the number. On my Telo as soon as I dial a # I get the reorder tone. Just like on a landline. on my Brother MFC, I can press the Hook button to obtain dialtone, dial the required *99 and then the number. When the other side answers I press the (black) start button to start sending a monochrome fax. I also have the option of sending a color fax using the (color) start button but I don't know anyone with a color fax machine to send it to.
#77680 by Glacier
Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:02 pm
Well part of the problem was my fault.... when you hit the # button you have to do it twice to get the pause symbol. However, the fax still did not send. I've given up for today but will try some of the suggestions you have both given me another day.... thanks so much for your help.