This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#77605 by Trinimd
Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:39 am
I have had ooma for 1.5 years and I have always had incoming caller id. I have a second ooma and I am still getting caller ID.
As of the 17th of March I have not had the caller ID displaying the number. The name is still showing up but the number is not showing up. The callers are from different networks (tmobile, att, sprint, brighthouse) The number is showing up in my dashboard.

I WAS told by a tech support that OOMA does not have incoming caller ID??? Why would they tell me this.
Technical support is very frustrating and I wish ooma would try to develop their skills.

Does your ooma device give you a caller id where you can see who is calling?

Please help me
#77608 by tomcat
Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:04 am
Not sure why Tech Support would tell you Ooma doesn't have Caller ID.

The following thread appears to be the same issue you are having and it indicates that Ooma has a bug that seems to be effecting a few users:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11139
#77643 by Trinimd
Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:10 pm
So as a basic ooma telo user

I SHOULD have incoming Caller ID including the name?

Just want to make sure that is what everyone else is getting.
thanks
#77651 by tomcat
Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:36 am
Trinimd wrote:So as a basic ooma telo user

I SHOULD have incoming Caller ID including the name?

Just want to make sure that is what everyone else is getting.
thanks

Premier customers will get CallerID name and number. Basic customers get CallerID number only (but you will get the names that are stored in your MyOoma contacts).

Sorry if my previous answer was confusing. I thought you were referring to getting CallerID numbers.