This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#76641 by eterry2
Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:46 pm
I'll have to check the make/model of the modem. It was provided by the internet provider.

However, I do want you to know that I will be here using my computer and the internet connection oftens drops and returns too. That's why I sort of suspect my internet.
#76650 by thunderbird
Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:41 am
Was your Computer's Internet connecting dropping before you installed the Ooma device?

It sure looks like you Internet provider needs to provide you with a more consistant service. Since they provide the modem, and your Internet connecting fails while you are using your computer, starting off, I'd get the Internet provider to give you a replacement modem.

Probably when the Internet problems are corrected, most of your Ooma problems will go away also.
Last edited by thunderbird on Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
#76652 by eterry2
Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:37 am
It was one computer that was dropping a lot. I thought it might have been the wireless adapter or it's location. But, now I'm finding my laptop dropping too.

I have had the OOMA connected for some time, but I was not using the line.

I'll check with my dsl provider. stay tuned.
thanks again.
:-)