This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#76541 by eterry2
Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:18 pm
Well, I really want this to work. And it does work. But, I get dropped calls more than I would like. Not very reliable. I wonder it that is because of the quality of my internet. I may have to call support and get help.

I have the OOMA hub, with no fees whatsoever.

Also, my phone company claims that when I give up my voice line and keep the data line, the charge for internet will increase. So, not too sure why I should use it. I like the call forwarding, but I can get that with google voice instead of with ooma premium.

I don't mind the fees so much, if the line was more reliable. And I know it could be my dsl dropping. I wonder if an N router would help. I have the G right now.
#76552 by thunderbird
Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:06 am
eterry2:
How doe you have your Ooma device connected, Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?
#76556 by eterry2
Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:47 am
thunderbird wrote:eterry2:
How doe you have your Ooma device connected, Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?

Modem-ooma-router
I believe this is the way I was instructed to do it in the user manual.
#76558 by eterry2
Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:54 am
I will have to play around with that voice quality post when I have time to fool with it. looks somewhat complicated. so I might have a few questions.
#76568 by eterry2
Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:01 am
which setup is better?

modem-ooma-router or modem-router-ooma???
#76572 by eterry2
Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:11 am
ok thanks. will have to work on this later tonight.

quick question: Last year I did buy a belkin N router and have not bothered to install it. Still using my belkin G.

would it help if I install the new router?

thanks.
#76573 by TysAri08
Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:13 am
The difference with G and N routers is just the speed at which they transfer data on Wireless. If you are hardwired in, it shouldn't really make a difference, unless one router is just a better quality one than the other.
#76575 by thunderbird
Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:22 am
eterry2 wrote:ok thanks. will have to work on this later tonight.

quick question: Last year I did buy a belkin N router and have not bothered to install it. Still using my belkin G.

would it help if I install the new router?

thanks.

Since your Ooma device is connected behind your modem, it would make no difference.

What is the Modem's Manufacture and model number?