This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#76297 by texaspondside
Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:10 am
I just solved a problem w/my Ooma Hub hooked to run the normal home phones (cordless & corded). For a week or more I have been hearing one very short ring on the phone & then nothing. No caller ID ever. Then someone told me our home phone just gives static when they call it.

I checked and sure enough, static & then the call drops and no voice mail offered. Note that the outgoing calls and dial tone are absolutely normal!

I thought it was an Ooma problem for sure. After a bunch of trouble shooting (restarts, checking cables, router restarts, isolating cables...) it turned out to be a corded GE phone causing the problem. The 3 AA batteries inside the phone had drained and corroded. It seems the off-gasses affected the boards because the system now works normal with just that one phone removed!

I wanted to pass that on in case someone ever has that same symptom on their Ooma.