This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#75864 by johnon
Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:44 pm
I have recently noticed that my Ooma Hub will not always ring with incoming calls. The voicemail does not play as they are leaving their message either but it will light up red when they are done with message. Also, my phone does not pickup any caller id info. It has happened a dozen times in the last couple weeks. Moments after the voicemail lite up, I called the ooma with my cell phone and it rang through.
I am in the 415 San Fran Bay Area.

Any ideas? Are you experiencing this issue as well?

After being a huge fan about Ooma, I am starting to get nervous.
#75871 by johnon
Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:34 pm
I think I might have figured this out. It seems the common denominator between phone calls is that they (the person calling me) are not transmitting any data (phone number, name, nada). I once loaned one of these people calling my cell phone and no record at all showed up on my cell phone even though I sat there and watched them use my phone to make a call. They work for the government. As such, I am going to chalk up this issue of Ooma not ringing to that.