This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#77196 by adondan
Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:39 pm
Here is ny 2 cents. my Ooma Tello was connected after the router, I didn't have echo problems (That I know of...), but my Ooma kept dropping the lease frequently, so, I reconnected Ooma between the modem (Cisco 2100 by Time Warner) and the router (D-Link DIR-655) that solved the loosing the lease issue, but I started to get complains about the echo in outbound calls.
I followed the advice and un-checked the FAX box and rebooted the Modem, Ooma & Router, but still have the echo.
I also changed the Ooma Qos' Upstream Internet Speed that used to be 0 when Ooma was behind the router to 215, still have echo. The Current Speed test results are:

Jitter: you --> server: 5.2 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 3.8 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss: server --> you: 0.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Estimated MOS score: 4.0

Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 9827488 bps
Upload speed: 972488 bps
Download quality of service: 99 %
Upload quality of service: 96 %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum TCP delay: 15 ms
Average download pause: 1 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 15 ms
Average round trip time to server: 18 ms
Estimated download bandwidth: 9827488bps
Route concurrency: 1.0
Download TCP forced idle: 0 %
Maximum route speed: 34952000bps

I'm not sure why changing the location of Ooma caused the echo, but maybe somebody (Ooma Tech Support???) can use this info to solve this very irritating problem.