HI Biff007,biff007 wrote:Interesting... I just ordered another OOMA tele and will have them move my number to the new device in hopes that this works. I've done all the troubleshooting steps you were talking about today. I'll keep working with the tech support until the device comes in and either way will keep you posted on any new developments or if the new device somehow solves the problem. One thing I was going to discuss with them is rolling back the firmware or reinstalling the current firmware on the tele device. Other than that I have no idea other than a potential network issue which I can't understand since it doesn't seem like others are having the problem.
Either way I'll keep you posted and if anyone else resolves this problem, please let me know. Thanks...
Dont waste your time getting new device.. It wont work.. I went thru 2 OOMa telo devices.. This is what i did..
1st round.. Replaced my cable modem as well as OOMA telo device. Called comcast got my new cable modem working. Called OOMA and did a complete account transfer and still the same issue..
2nd round. Picked up another OOMA telo device and activated a new account with a new telephone number and then had them move just my original number and tried and still the same thing..
The strange part is that my 2nd round OOMA telo had the older firmware and it was still doing the same thing.. Then once the device was up and running it looks like the OOMA server pushed out the firmware update and it rebooted.. So it is not firmware related.. It is def something on the server/ Network side that they need to fix..
It looks like they should have either a solid fiber or black fiber coming in to the building that may be causing a lot of their issues that is causing all our issues with the delays. The reason why i say this is because i am also in the IT field and i have seen this before. Fiber cable not properly maintained will cause a lot of these issues.. The only other option is their servers that they may be using that are getting over loaded and the network switches are maxing out on the utilization.
If i am not mistaking the only thing that the ooma device does is it creates a secure Point to point SSL tunnel to OOMA servers, the rest is done on the back end and if the back end infrastructure is having issues then all the users will suffer... Nothing on the cable modem / cable provider side.
Thats my guess..