This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#75469 by Uno
Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:01 am
A couple days ago ooma stopped working. Made sure internet was working, connected it directly to modem, unplugged for hours then plugged again...numbers 1 and 2 are lit blue and i have no other function. Its basically a brick right now. Any ideas?
#75470 by thunderbird
Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:15 am
Uno:
When you unplug Ooma device's power, than plug it back in, does the lights stop at the # 1 & 2 lights, or does the bottom row lights flash to the right for a while than goes back to the #1 & 2 lights again? Does the top row ever flash?

Can you access "Ooma setup" by connecting a computer to the Ooma device's "Home" port and entering http://setup.ooma.com/, after you have rebooted your computer?

If your Ooma device was purchased recently, you could take it back to the store where you bought it for exchange, or call Ooma below for a replacement, if within the one year warranty period.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#75476 by Uno
Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:27 am
thunderbird,

after I plug it back in only the #1 & #2 light up and stay lit, nothing else ever lights up.

I will try to figure out how to access ooma setup and will post it here.

It was purchased 1 year and 2 months ago so no warranty left.

Thanks for your help!
#75479 by ntoy
Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:50 am
Uno wrote:A couple days ago ooma stopped working. Made sure internet was working, connected it directly to modem, unplugged for hours then plugged again...numbers 1 and 2 are lit blue and i have no other function. Its basically a brick right now. Any ideas?

Hello Uno,

Can you plug your Ooma unit back & we can take a look?

Thx
#75490 by Uno
Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:50 am
ntoy wrote:Hello Uno,

Thx

I plugged it back now...

Thanx
#75493 by ntoy
Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:36 am
Uno wrote:

Thx

I plugged it back now...

Thanx

Still unable to detect your box. Do you see one solid & one flashing on the link lights on the "To Internet" port on your telo. Using that ethernet connected to your computer - you can access the web?

If so, can you describe what light patterns you see on your telo?

Thx
#75584 by Uno
Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:47 am
ntoy wrote:
Uno wrote:

Thx

I plugged it back now...

Thanx

Still unable to detect your box. Do you see one solid & one flashing on the link lights on the "To Internet" port on your telo. Using that ethernet connected to your computer - you can access the web?

If so, can you describe what light patterns you see on your telo?

Thx

Sorry for the delay in responding,

On the "to Internet" port ..Orange is solid and green is flashing. I am using that Internet connection to go online right now so Internet is good.

Light pattern on the telo: Once I plug in the power the numbers 1 & 2 go on simultaneously and stay on (blue). No other lights ever light up. Cannot change brightness or anything else either.
#75589 by thunderbird
Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:22 pm
Uno:
Some things to do to try to wake up your Ooma device:

First listen with another phone connected to the Ooma device phone port, other than the one you have connected now, to see if you get dial tone. If you get dial tone, push the light symbol three or four times, in the upper row, left side.

Next try this:
a. Access your Ooma Telo “home port” by plugging in a network cable from the Ooma Telo’s “Home” port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the network cable, so that a proper connection occurs.
b. Type http://setup.ooma.com in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
c. In the left hand Navigation window, select “Network”.
d. Under “Modem Port MAC Address”, select Use Built in:
e. Select the “Update button”.
f. Do a “cold boot” of the modem.
g. Do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device or Router, which ever device is next in line.
h. After the Ooma device or router cold boot, do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device or router, which ever device is next in line.
#75749 by Uno
Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:27 am
Tried all of this...nothing worked.
I am unable to get to ooma setup...tried 2 laptops running windos 7 and one xp and neither can get a network connection through the home network port on the ooma.
If I buy the $40 warranty extension can i get a replacement then and would I have to port the number again, or is it too late for that since its already broken?
thunderbird wrote:Uno:

First listen with another phone connected to the Ooma device phone port, other than the one you have connected now, to see if you get dial tone. If you get dial tone, push the light symbol three or four times, in the upper row, left side.

Next try this:
a. Access your Ooma Telo “home port” by plugging in a network cable from the Ooma Telo’s “Home” port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the network cable, so that a proper connection occurs.
b. Type http://setup.ooma.com in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
g. Do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device or Router, which ever device is next in line.
h. After the Ooma device or router cold boot, do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device or router, which ever device is next in line.
#75753 by ntoy
Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:51 am
Uno wrote:Tried all of this...nothing worked.
I am unable to get to ooma setup...tried 2 laptops running windos 7 and one xp and neither can get a network connection through the home network port on the ooma.
If I buy the $40 warranty extension can i get a replacement then and would I have to port the number again, or is it too late for that since its already broken?
thunderbird wrote:Uno:

Next try this:

Hello Uno,

If you are not successful with cold boot from Thunderbird's suggestion, it looks like it will not recover.

In answer to your question: "If I buy the $40 warranty extension can i get a replacement then and would I have to port the number again, or is it too late for that since its already broken?" - Yes, purchasing the warranty extension will allow us to replace your box & your number would remain intact(in other words, no need to port again). Just give our sales line a call.