This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#75381 by Solie
Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:24 pm
I have ATT high speed internet, My Ooma calls drop at the middle of conversation every so often. I complained to Ooma, they had me check my DSL speed, it was 1.2 m/s download, 220 K/s upload. Ooma said that is too low.
Complained to ATT. No luck. I asked ATT to upgrade me to a faster Internet. They checked and said they do not have any faster Internet service for my area.

Does this make senSe to you guys. What should I do? is there another option.
#75384 by EA PA
Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:31 pm
does your cable provider offer high speed net?
#75395 by thunderbird
Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:23 pm
Solie:

In your Ooma device select "Built-in" MAC address. It will help to stabilize your Ooma.

If you have a two wire rig and your Ooma is connected directly behind the two wire rig try this:

Quote, but revised for Ooma connection:
Here is how to setup your (Ooma device) in DMZ-Plus mode (with Ooma device connected behind two-wire):
1. Unplug all devices from the 2Wire router except for your (Ooma device) you want to be in DMZ. Also, unplug any TV boxes as they might through the 2Wire router.
2. Reset your 2Wire router by unplugging, waiting 10 seconds and then plugging it back in.
3. Login to the 2Wire and go to the Firewall settings. Then select Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ
4. There should only be 1 device listed under "Select a Computer". Make sure it is selected and then Choose the radio button: Allow all applications (DMZplus mode).
5. Hit Save. Now login to your (Ooma device through “Home” port) that is now under DMZ.
6. Under (Network, than Network connection, setup, make sure the router is set to (Automatic).
7. Reboot your Ooma device.
8. The IP address listed (In you Ooma device “Status” page under modem) should change from 192.168.x.x to your DSL/Cable IP Address. If it stayed at 192.168.x.x, go back to step 3. It might take a few times for your (Ooma device) to pickup the correct IP.
9. Once your Ooma device) has the external IP, everything is configured correctly.
Even if your (Ooma device) has the 192.168.x.x the router still appears to be in DMZ however, most obscure-protocols (GRE,IPv6) still will not work. The (Ooma device) must have the external IP as its IP address for everything to work correctly.

Thanks,
James Hartig