This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#74707 by JacobsLive
Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:06 pm
I am a frequent international caller with my Ooma Telo. From day 1 I have a problem with Ooma Telo. When I call international number, Ooma does not produce actual ringing sound such as if the called party has an answer tone, it will not play the music. If the called number is on call waiting it will not announce it, but instead it will keep ringing. Initially I thought it is the problem with the called network. However later I found (by using 2 other services) that the called numbers work perfectly. If the called party is on another call I get the call waiting message and also I get the answer tone etc. But with Ooma it is a pre-assigned ringing sound until the called party answers the phone.

Is it a common problem with everybody or just me? Am I missing anything in my setup?

My connection is Fios Router->Ooma->Phone. Any help from users or Moderators are highly appreciated :)
#74713 by thunderbird
Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:33 am
JacobsLive:
My wife calls China several times a week. Her calls rings, sounds and goes through almost like a local US call. The call quality is excellent. In the beginning we had some problems, but after working with Ooma Support everything cleared up.
We still have some account issues, but it's unrelated to call quality.

Report your problem to Ooma Support giving dates, times you called, and the phone numbers that you called.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#74716 by JacobsLive
Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:42 am
@thunderbird
Thanks for the response. I never had the call quality issue either. Call quality is just like a local call. But only annoying thing is that I wont know even if the called number is switched off because it will just keep ringing (I must say pertaining to be ringing). Will talk to the customer care. Honestly I don't feel to call the customer care as my previous experience taught me that the customer care people has no technical knowledge what they are dealing with.

My current Telo has problems (hardware issues) such as touch controls (top 3)volume, light adjustment and handset pairing buttons wont work. I ordered a replacement device and expecting delivery today. However, when I called customer care their response was like "its not a big deal if you cannot adjust the volume or dim the light, other than those buttons your device is working perfectly!" lol. I just wanted to see if that is a software issue or else I thought they would advise me to get a replacement device. Anyways, I suggested myself that I am going to get a replacement device and they agreed that I should contact the store from where I bought the device as I am in 30 days return/exchange period.

Thanks for again for your response. Will call the customer care anyway to register my new replacement device and will talk to them about this ringing sound issue as well. Will update later.