This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#74540 by davidleex84
Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:57 pm
Hello, I've been a Ooma user for sometime now and I've have GREAT call quality for a few months. Just recently (about 1-2 weeks ago) whenever we call using my phone the quality is really bad. the startup tone makes a static sound. Again this happened out of nowhere and still is happening. I tried turning off everything and back on, i haven't changed any service everything is the same, why is this happening? We can't even use the phone anymore because the quality is so bad, the other person on the line says the same thing. What can i do?
#74569 by frannella
Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:11 pm
Which Ooma are you using? Are you getting this feedback from an Ooma handset or from a regular phone?

I ask because I am a new Ooma Telo customer. While waiting for my Telo handset set to arrive, I was using my regular (cordless) phone sets and the call quality was abysmal--really loud, static-ie dial tone, stuttering, distracting background 'white' noise, etc. My telo handset arrived yesterday and after I set it up, call quality improved 200%. There's still the occasional instance of 'extraneous" feedback but the call quality is more than acceptable with the Telo handset.

Call quality with my old phones plugged into the wall jacks would be a deal breaker--they aren't useable despite the claims. It wasn't that I couldn't hear the person at the other end of the call, I just didn't want to continue the phone call because the feedback was too annoying.