This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#74539 by dray1
Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:55 pm
I just started having problems with receiving incoming calls. At least yesterday and today. From 516 area code and 203. local numbers I think are ok (541). THe problems are: 1) I have been told that my sister tried calling me let it ring and ring. then she called on my cell. I was standing right by the phone, and it never rang on my end and never showed up on caller Id. My dad also just told me he tried calling me yesterday and it just rang. 2) Phone rings, shows up on caller ID, I pick up but then just get dial tone 3)phone rings I pick up, it goes through, but I am told there is a few second delay from when i talk and the other person hears me. I hear no delay. when I called them right back, no issue, no delay 4) phone rings, shows up on caller Id, but never went to telo answering machine.

Is this part of the same issue that was going around this last week? But it seems like those problems were with outbound calls and not inbound.

also, I just changed out my motem which fixed other sound issues I was having, but now this. I have a fairly old router hooked up, could it be that? I have a new one, but I was about to return it. But now with these issues I may not, unless it is a system wide issue and not a personal router issue.
#74557 by thunderbird
Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:53 pm
dray1:
The call problems lately were for both outbound and inbound calls. The problem is probably with the interface between Ooma server gateways and carrier that provides service to/from the legacy phone system.

To prove or disprove weather you have a carrier problem, if you know someone else that also has an Ooma phone, you could call them with your Ooma phone, and have them call you for testing. If the calls connect right away, and are loud and clear, the problem is probably with the carrier interface, etc. If you have problems with the Ooma phone to Ooma phone calls. The problem is probably with your home setup (wiring, modem, router, Ooma, phone).

If you think it a routing problem, the best course of action is to contact Ooma Support. They will want dates, times, and problem phone numbers; and weather the call was an inbound or an outbound call. You have to keep after them daily.

When I had problems, I cut and pasted the information from my call logs into an E-mail to Ooma. If there were calls that didn’t connect to your home, you have to obtain the dates, times, and problem phone numbers information from the person that called you.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#74565 by dray1
Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:22 pm
Thanks for your reply. I did send an email to support, still waiting. There doesn't seem to be a problem with local phones (just regular, not ooma). Long distance home phone calls to us there is the problem (it even rings approx 10 x on their end, and I pick up on the 1st ring I hear on my end, then my voice is delayed to them). There doesn't seem to be a problem with long distance cell phone. Hopefully this is fixable. I had originally recommended ooma to lots of people. But since all these issues I have been having, I took my recommendations back. Bummer!
#74568 by thunderbird
Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:43 pm
dray1: I'm sure it’s fixable. You just have to civil, patient, and persistent with Ooma support. When I have a problem, I E-mail them everyday until the problem is resolved.

You have to check every day before you call them, because it seems like most times they will correct the problem, but not notify you.