This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#73460 by EA PA
Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:05 pm
Understand - not spoken literally, only my interpretation of her gaking with her friends on the blower...
#73469 by EA PA
Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:14 pm
Tbird,

I tried your suggestion. I got into the setup nav box OK. The only selection in the nav box that popped up a screen that was user friendly was bluetooth. All the rest, code popped up and I am sure you dont want me in there diddling. What am I missing?
#73470 by thunderbird
Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:22 pm
After "Ooma Setup" opens:

In the left hand "Navigation" window, Click-On the word “Network”.

Than follow the directions in my previous post.
#73472 by EA PA
Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:44 pm
I did, then in the main window is a massive pile of code only. The bluetooth selection is the only one in the NAV screen that pops up with a form in the main screen to select alternate configurations.....
#73474 by EA PA
Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:46 pm
ah - jackpot - ill try explorer -
#73476 by EA PA
Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:15 pm
lbmofo and Tbird - that was it - Chrome - anyway change was made to Use Built , auto was already selected in network settings.

Ill let the fam test drive tomorrow and let you know outcome. Thanks - BTW good call on chrome...lbmofo
#73491 by EA PA
Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:21 am
I tested OOMA in a variety of ways this AM after your change. I tried inbound / outbound, multiple phones, messaging and tested during internet use while coincidently streaming Netflix. I personally could not be happier. I got no drops, no hangups, no lags and no background noise that I could complain about.

At some point, I did hear very very faint bursts like a fast phone ring or something, probably internet packets but I nearly hurt myself trying to hear it. I certainly would not complain about it. I hope that this is not what all the complaints are all about. Like I said I am completely satisfied at this point.

TBIRD, I am not sure if your change is what made it happen or not because I am not the primary user of this phone, however It seems to work fine. Ill turn it back over to the fam and see if they are happy now.. Thanks again, great and timely tech support. OOMA ROCKS - ADIOS Fronter
#73492 by thunderbird
Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:31 am
EA PA:

There's bound to be some other little things that come up while you're "beating the bugs" out of your system.

But there are plenty of highly qualified people on this forum that can give you direction, if you have the need.

Ooma is working on a fix for the background "noise" "as we speak".

Good Luck
#73493 by EA PA
Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:12 am
Thanks - Ill be back if necessary - but I cant find any faults now. I think part of the problems are simply reluctance to change. CYA