This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#72667 by phaedrus
Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:20 pm
Hi.
I just set up my ooma hub last night. Whenever I use the phone there is a constant clicking that can be heard in the background. It can be heard from both ends, and is quite annoying. I don't think we can use the phone if it sounds like that. Can anyone help me fix it?
Thanks.
#72679 by tjnamtiw
Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:51 pm
That's a good sign that someone is tapping your phone!!! :o) Have you written to Obama lately?
It could be a bad connection anywhere along the path from your house to the central office. I am assuming you have DSL....... Call the phone company and have them run a line test.
#72698 by phaedrus
Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:38 am
Just ran a speed test:
Download 12.76 Mb/s
Upload 0.31 Mb/s
ping 87 ms

I will try a different phone. I don't have a land line, so I don't think the phone company can help!
#72704 by murphy
Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:07 am
phaedrus wrote:Just ran a speed test:
Download 12.76 Mb/s
Upload 0.31 Mb/s
ping 87 ms

I will try a different phone. I don't have a land line, so I don't think the phone company can help!

What kind of ISP do you have?
12 down and .3 up is extremely unbalanced.
#72742 by phaedrus
Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:12 pm
Murhpy, thanks for the help.
My internet connection is Time Warner Broadband with a max speed of Download:7Mbps and upload:512 Kbps. I guess the test was a little off or something. Is there any way to balance it out? Is the imbalance affecting my phone quality.

Ntoy, I tried a phone with a cord and the clicking went away. I would like to buy a new cordless phone I guess. Does anyone know of any good ones?

Thanks for the help.