This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#72346 by jrank001
Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:57 pm
My house phones do not have a dial tone or ring when a call comes in. Yet the answering machine picks up the call and the caller can leave a message. I've reset the ooma three times. I'm lost.
#72353 by thunderbird
Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:41 pm
jrank001:

For testing only: Try disconneting you house phone wiring, wireless phones, etc from your Ooma device, and connect only one corded phone, to the phone jack. Reboot you Ooma device. Listen for the dial tone.
#72358 by jrank001
Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:13 pm
thunderbird wrote:jrank001:

For testing only: Try disconneting you house phone wiring, wireless phones, etc from your Ooma device, and connect only one corded phone, to the phone jack. Reboot you Ooma device. Listen for the dial tone.

The phone I have directly connected to the Ooma is a corded phone/fax machine. That's been that way for over a year now. I have three cordless phones in various rooms from there. No dial tone on any of them.
#72360 by murphy
Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:23 pm
jrank001 wrote:

The phone I have directly connected to the Ooma is a corded phone/fax machine. That's been that way for over a year now. I have three cordless phones in various rooms from there. No dial tone on any of them.

What is the cordless phone base connected to?
#72361 by thunderbird
Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:24 pm
jrank001:

For testing only: Did you try disconnecting your wireless phones from your Ooma device, while leaving your corded fax phone connected and listening for a dial tone on your fax phone? Next disconnect your corded fax phone from your Ooma device, and reconnect you wireless phone and listen for a dial tone on your fax phone.
#72362 by jrank001
Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:29 pm

For testing only: Did you try disconnecting your wireless phones from your Ooma device, while leaving your corded fax phone connected and listening for a dial tone on your fax phone? Next disconnect your corded fax phone from your Ooma device, and reconnect you wireless phone and listen for a dial tone on your fax phone.

Yes I did that with no luck either way. It was working fine yesterday.