This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#71929 by Davesworld
Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:48 pm
lbmofo wrote:I am at a friend's house (also Ooma user) with Comcast.

All looks good except Kansas City, KS

Portland OR

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 1.0 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 3.8 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss: server --> you: 0.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Estimated MOS score: 4.1

San Jose CA

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 1.2 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 3.4 ms
Estimated MOS score: 4.2

Houston TX

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 1.3 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 3.5 ms
Estimated MOS score: 4.0

New York NY

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 1.3 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 3.6 ms
Estimated MOS score: 4.1

Miami FL

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 7.5 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 6.1 ms
Packet discards: 1.0 %
Estimated MOS score: 4.0

Kansas City KS

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 187.5 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 11.2 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.2 %
Packet discards: 0.9 %
Estimated MOS score: 3.4

Not bad at all. Thanks.
#72046 by shugrue
Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:03 am
I'm sure your all pretty intelligent people but my intention here was to help those that are motivated to use the WIMAX system as it exist today with their ooma device.

I found an article about the cpei25150 on a motorola site suggesting fine tuning the device by orientation.

"http://www.motorola.com/Business/US-EN/Product+Lines/MOTOwi4/wi4+WiMAX/CPEi+150_US-EN"

Comcast and other companies that deliver wired media appeal to those that we're less initiated about the use of an antenna to receive television broadcast back in the later half of the 20th century.
The federal government has mandated that FTA (Free To Air) remain in service for those who prefer it.
Has anybody that recently purchased a new television tried connecting an antenna to it yet.
I have and I receive over 25 channels most in high definition in the Boston area.
Free!!!
Sure I miss the Speed Channel on cable but one day I'm sure that those channels will migrate over to FTA because nothing sells commercial air time like high viewership.

Good luck.
-p
#72195 by bonflizubi
Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:23 am
lbmofo wrote:Great to hear. Unfortunately, WiMax (as Sprint and others call it 4G) can only do about 4Mbps down and a few hunderd Kbps up in reality. You'll miss Comcast's speed so you'll probably be looking for another ISP like fiber soon.

The real 4G (LTE) that Verizon and AT&T are deploying will be uber fast compared to Sprint and Tmobile's fake 4G...but still not today's cable internet speed.

ORLY? I routinely get 9Mbp+ on my speedtest results here in boston on my 4g Sprint EVO> that doesnt make it a comcast substitute for me, but make me wonder if you know what you are talking about once again
#72224 by bonflizubi
Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:55 am
lbmofo wrote:
lbmofo wrote:WiMax in its current revision doesn't even come close to real life Comcast download speeds which is at 20, 30+ Mbps.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/0 ... wimax.html

That's what we see out here in Seattle. You must live in a special place or you take special supplements.

Yes Boston is a special place, at least as internet/telecom rollouts go.

Here's my speedtest as we speak from my EVO. No it's not Comcast speeds where I run around 24Mbp or so, but many of us in teh bigger cities do much better than the speeds you cite for seattle (no knock on seattle)
http://www.speedtest.net