This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#73817 by lbmofo
Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:14 pm
Great to hear. With the new modem, are you getting good whichvoip results? The jitter and delay may measure high sometimes but you should not get any packet loss.
#73824 by dray1
Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:48 pm
lbmofo wrote:Great to hear. With the new modem, are you getting good whichvoip results? The jitter and delay may measure high sometimes but you should not get any packet loss.

No, My results are still pretty bad and very inconsistent on that website. but it is working without interruption. So far I haven't had any issues so I am not going to go crazy about the test results anymore.
#86452 by jarome
Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:22 am
I bought a Telo extension, and had much worse reception in my bedroom than with my old Uniden 5.8 GHz phone. The Telo extension is unusable there!
I am wondering about the Panasonic KX-TG6544B. Thunderbird said it was better than the 5.8 GHz he had. But I already have the Uniden plugged into my Telo base unit, so I am wondering if the Panasonic base unit can sync with the Telo directly?
If not, can I use a phone splitter and connect both the Panasonic and Uniden base stations to the Telo base? If so, which base unit do the Panasonic extensions sync with?

Will the panasonic extension units sync directly with the Telo base?

Thanks,
Jim
#86454 by thunderbird
Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:46 am
jarome wrote:I bought a Telo extension, and had much worse reception in my bedroom than with my old Uniden 5.8 GHz phone. The Telo extension is unusable there!
I am wondering about the Panasonic KX-TG6544B. Thunderbird said it was better than the 5.8 GHz he had. But I already have the Uniden plugged into my Telo base unit, so I am wondering if the Panasonic base unit can sync with the Telo directly?
If not, can I use a phone splitter and connect both the Panasonic and Uniden base stations to the Telo base? If so, which base unit do the Panasonic extensions sync with?

Will the panasonic extension units sync directly with the Telo base?

Thanks,
Jim

We continue to be very happy with our Panasonic KX-TG6544B four phone system. No the Panasonic handset phones do not communicate directly with the Ooma Telo. The Panasonic phone system has its own base, with which the handsets communicate. The Panasonic base unit connects to the Ooma Telo's phone port with a phone cord.
Yes you can use a phone splitter.