This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#70084 by jones151
Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:12 pm
I'm having a recurring problem with my omma telo completing calls. When I dial a number i have dialtone and after the number is dialed the line goes silent and will never connect the call. This problem can last a few minutes or a few hours.

Any help would be great.
#70086 by wristwatch
Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:34 pm
Have you attempted to call several different phone numbers in various area codes and received the same results? Are you able to receive incoming calls with your Ooma?
#70136 by jones151
Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:42 pm
I have tried many different numbers and area codes. When it does happen i can't receive or make calls. The problem occurs at any time of the day for no reason. i have check my internet connection when this happens at speedtest.net and pingtest.net and every thing with the internet seams fine.
#70150 by wristwatch
Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:20 am
Maybe it is a weak signal. Try performing these steps that I found elsewhere on the forum:

Connect to the status web page in your cable modem
http://192.168.100.1
Find the downstream and upstream power in dBmV and the Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR)…
The downstream signal power should be between -10 and +10 dBmV. (Some say between -15 and +15 but I feel that is pushing your luck)
The SNR should be 35 or more.
The upstream power level should be less than 55 dBmV.