This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#69742 by jacobp
Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:58 am
Hello. I'm new to the Ooma world and I've decided to update my 5.8ghz phone system to DECT 6.0 phones. I need at least 8 extension phones. Can anyone recommend a brand/model that will work well with Ooma (preferably with HD Voice). Thanks.
#69753 by thunderbird
Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:49 am
Look over the Panasonic KX-TG6544B DECT 6.0 PLUS Expandable Talking Digital Cordless with Answering System with 4 Handsets. Your can buy individual handsets to add to the system, but the individual handsets are expensive to purchase by themselves. But since you need 8 phones, it would probably be cheaper to just buy two each Panasonic KX-TG6544B 4 phone systems for $83.85 each at Amazon.com. Recently we purchased this wireless Dect 6.0 system when we were having Quality of Service issues with Ooma. We turned off the answering system part of the phone and use the Ooma answering system instead. So far, we like this system very much. Each handset has a brightly lit dial when a button is pressed. We like the large date and time indicators in the brightly lit dial. Along with Ooma, the voice quality is exceptional. This system uses common replaceable batteries in the handsets.
#69769 by Davesworld
Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:26 pm
As far as Panasonic goes and HD voice, the only possibility is with the DECT Plus from Panasonic. The main difference would be that it (supposedly) uses the g.722 codec between the base and handset rather than g.726 of most DECT 6. Even so, Ooma demonstrated it a year ago with a corded phone I believe.

I still am not happy about all the manufacturers dumping models on the US market with built in answering machines. Most models that only come in the built in answering machine version in the US, come in a version without it in other countries and instead have a flashing light for voicemail on the base. Most if not all current cordless systems will at least show an indication on the LCD that there is voicemail.
#69962 by wristwatch
Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:14 pm
Davesworld wrote:As far as Panasonic goes and HD voice, the only possibility is with the DECT Plus from Panasonic. The main difference would be that it (supposedly) uses the g.722 codec between the base and handset rather than g.726 of most DECT 6.

I don't believe that is the case as I had inquired about my DECT Plus phone from Panasonic. Here is what their email reply was:

Thank you for contacting Panasonic. We truly apologize for the delay in
responding to your inquiry and we hope that this has not caused you any
inconvenience.

Regarding your Question:
Is Panasonic model number: KX-TG6583T cat-IQ compliant? I need to know as
my ooma.com VoIP service offers high definition voice calls but requires
an hd-compatible (cat-IQ) phone.?

Answer: Only IP based cordless phones would be compliant to cat-IQ.
Panasonic SIP phones such as KX-TGP500 and KX-TGP550 has wide band codec
(G.722), unfortunately it is not compatible with the Ooma VOIP service.
You may click on this link to get more information about our SIP phones:

http://www.panasonic.com/business/offic ... -cordless/