This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#4732 by traveler
Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:53 pm
I am in the south sound as I stated previously. I don't mind the echo's for short calls. My wife who talks longer doesn't like the echo which only seems to happen on calls in the south sound. (Olympia, Seattle) Hope it gets fixed soon. I can only come up with so many excuses to my wife....
#4745 by southsound
Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:49 am
Traveler

I hope you have reported the echo problem to ooma's support people. They have been working on mine since February 24 and it seems like it is a problem with one of the partners they use in the Olympia and Shelton rate centers. I am expecting some answers today regarding their progress. I'll post them in my 'Looking for a "Normal" telephone experience' thead. Easiest way to get there is to go to http://www.ooma.info and click the avatar.
#5069 by southsound
Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:34 am
Traveler,

Just curious about how your service has been in the last couple of days? On March 18 ooma implemented some major changes that have done away with my echo problem. From what they told me, it involved routing and problems with one of their partners. I believe it was affecting the entire Olympia and Shelton rate centers.

For those who may have been using the web page ooma.info to access my thread on my ooma journey, I have donated that domain to ooma and now when you click it, you are taken to the official ooma.com website.
#5231 by traveler
Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:36 am
No more echo. So I assume OOMA took care of it. Nice job I appreciate it!! I am still recommending it.
#5477 by BuckG
Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:39 am
I also live near Olympia. Ooma has given me a Shelton number. I'm not having an issue with received calls, but I'm getting an echo on outgoing local calls. I've only had ooma for two days, but my wife is not impressed so far. Long distance calls (the ones I usually make) are fine. But local calls (the ones my wife usually makes) are another matter. I've used setup to adjust my upload bandwidth to the 5 Mbps I usually get, but no luck. I was hoping to get rid of my land line, but that won't be possible until/if this gets resolved. On the other hand, Skype is working pretty good, no echo on outgoing calls.
#5487 by southsound
Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:40 am
buckg,

I had some severe echo problems from my 360 545-xxxx Shelton number and ooma was able to duplicate the problems in their lab. Last week, I thought that things were taken care of. Most of the numbers where I experienced severe echo were echo free. Now I notice that some outgoing to the Forks and Silverdale area, as well as incoming from Shelton, have echo again. I'm going to put in a trouble ticket and would suggest that you do the same.

ooma really does want to take care of us and just needs to know where the problem areas are so they can make things good. I'll keep you and others posted as things progress once more.
#5491 by BuckG
Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:27 am
Strangely, no echo on out going calls to Olympia area cell phones, just land lines.
#5492 by southsound
Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:36 am
buckg,

It seems like only certain numbers give the echo. I have called several local numbers with no problem, others with some echo, and still others with echo so bad you cannot carry on a conversation.

The very bad:
360 374-62xx
360 613-02xx
360 438-42xx
360 534-97xx

Medium echo:
360 374-54xx
360 877-52xx
360 432-97xx - incoming

ooma's working on it now. Great service and awesome dedication so I assume things will be on track soon!
#5497 by Bobby B
Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:11 pm
Thanks for providing those example numbers. We've been able to recreate the problem here and our network operations team is working on resolving these echo problems in areas as soon as possible.