This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#69124 by wristwatch
Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:53 am
I received porting completion email this morning (around 8:45am CST). I rebooted my Ooma Telo according to the instructions they provided. A couple of ours later (at 10:45am CST) a cell phone user called our number that we had successfully ported over to Ooma this morning. I answered using the Ooma phone line. Although 33 seconds into the conversation I experienced a dropped call (I'm assuming the cellular caller switched cell towers). Then about a minute later the cell phone caller called back the ported number... but now here is where it gets unusual.

Instead of the Ooma phone line ringing it rang my AT&T phone line (that line is not physically wired into the Ooma Telo unit) that I had ported the phone number from. :shock: I thought this was unusual. I called another cellular phone this morning and had no problems and they called me back on the Ooma phone line with no problems. So I'm not sure what is happening?!

Another cellular caller has called the ported number for about a minute or two conversation and that rang our Ooma phone number without a problem.

UPDATE 11/11/2010 - 8:35 PM CST: The cellular caller from this morning (10:45am CST) has called us again this evening from her cellphone around (8:10am CST) to our newly ported phone number and the call was routed to the wrong phone line again. :( Only our old ATT phone line rang, our Ooma phone line never rang even though she called the ported phone number associated with that phone line. By the way, I have been able to call this caller's cellphone from our new Ooma phone line (using our newly ported number) without a problem. So it is not outgoing calls but rather her incoming call to our Ooma phone line that get incorrectly routed to our old ATT phone line instead of our Ooma phone line.
#69297 by lbmofo
Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:29 pm
The caller's carrier is routing the call wrong.

Call your old landline and ask why your landline is still up and running.

Once the caller gets "disconnected" message, they can complain to their carrier saying "can't reach a working number."
#69478 by wristwatch
Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:43 am
About a day later after I had posted the cellular caller is now being routed to my Ooma phone line. I called to confirm cancellation about 48 hours after porting with my old carrier AT&T and they had confirmed the account had been canceled. Although as of yesterday I am still getting a dial tone on my old ATT phone line, but no calls have been route through there anymore.
#69489 by southsound
Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:53 am
wristwatch wrote:I called to confirm cancellation about 48 hours after porting with my old carrier AT&T and they had confirmed the account had been canceled. Although as of yesterday I am still getting a dial tone on my old ATT phone line, but no calls have been route through there anymore.

Some communities mandate a "soft" dialtone that will only work for dialing 911 or calling their customer service line to order phone service. You may be hearing the dialtone for this reason. A quick test is to call a regular number and see what you hear. My guess is that it won't go through and you will be directed to ATT's customer service.
#69599 by wristwatch
Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:29 pm
ATT confirmed that the account was disconnected (despite the dial tone). We called them up and had to go through the repair department. The central office finally terminated the connection and we no longer have dial tone.