Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#69075 by serialportme
Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 pm
I have been reading and searching...

So - I have a fax machine, works on and off at sending because of Ooma. The settings are ok, and I am doing *99, etc.

Just flaky.

Does anyone have this working perfectly, 100% and sends 10-15 pages at a time? Maybe Ooma is just not right for my situation.

Would love to know if anyone has 100% success all the time.
#69093 by EFlores
Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:53 pm
serialportme wrote:I have been reading and searching...

So - I have a fax machine, works on and off at sending because of Ooma. The settings are ok, and I am doing *99, etc.

Just flaky.

Does anyone have this working perfectly, 100% and sends 10-15 pages at a time? Maybe Ooma is just not right for my situation.

Would love to know if anyone has 100% success all the time.

Before upgrading to the Telo I was always able to send up to 10-15 pages via fax but no luck since I upgraded, I am hoping that they are trying to fix this with the Telo. According to Ooma their engineering department is working on a solution but no luck so far, I have over 2 months I can not send out faxes but can receive successfully.
#69098 by heart
Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:13 pm
Inserted a Gigaware DSL filter (purchased at Radioshack for $15.99) into the Ooma phone out jack and then the fax line into the DSL filter.
Everything is working fine now, hope it will last.

I did not have to change speed, error correction, etc.
I did not have to add *99

Have a HP m2727 all in one fax/scanner/printer
The problem occurs with other Voip devices, not just the Ooma.
This is less of a problem with MagicJack
#70732 by serialportme
Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:49 pm
I am using a DSL filter that I had from DSL we used to use...

Everything is still flaky and unreliable. Love Ooma - hate having to fax on it.
#71663 by rmacey
Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:46 pm
Maybe a dumb question...is it worth trying (even possible) a DSL filter with cable? Finally got rid of old landline but may have to dump OOMA and return. Need to fax. OOMA should be up front about this. Seems a lot of folks are having problems. The say it's "possible" (http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... 135/kw/fax). Doesn't appear probable.