Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#69007 by Jodi
Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:05 am
I had to put the Telo behind the router to get it to work. They are porting my number which will be complete around Nov. 30. I did not get a temporary ooma number. Right now when I try to talk to people I hear them loud and clear but they can barely hear me, if at all.
Will everything work properly after porting is complete, or is there another issue?
#69010 by murphy
Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:45 am
What type of calls are you having problems with?
You are in land line integration mode.
All inbound calls use your land line provider.
Only outgoing long distance calls use the Ooma network.
All other calls use your land line provider.
#69026 by Jodi
Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:51 pm
I tried a different phone wall jack and it works fine. Once you are 100% ooma, do you have to use any phone jacks? Sorry if that's a dumb question.
#69030 by murphy
Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:17 pm
You don't have to use the building's wall jacks if you don't want to.
#69031 by nn5i
Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:19 pm
Jodi wrote:I tried a different phone wall jack and it works fine. Once you are 100% ooma, do you have to use any phone jacks? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Didn't notice anything dumb about the question.

Nope, once you are 100% Ooma you don't need the house wiring -- but you can use it if you like (to pipe your wireline telephone instruments to the Ooma), as long as you disconnect the house wiring from the telephone company wiring where it comes into the house. Me, I use only wireless phones (12 of them), with the wireless bases (2 of them) plugged directly into the Ooma. Very handy to have a phone at each end of the couch, one in each john, two in the kitchen, two in the garage, etc.