Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#68935 by Spykelvis
Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:07 pm
How long an interruption is typical between disconnect of ported number from landline and connection to OOMA? My existing ATT number was disconnected today and has not been successfully ported to OOMA. Anyone who calls now gets a "number disconnected" message. Worse, no one at OOMA help line seems to have any idea what the status of the port is. MyOOMA status on the port is stuck at "Number port is estimated to complete on Nov 12, 2010". I am very frustrated with all of this. Has anyone else went through this and how long did it take to fix? Thanks in advance for any replies.
#68939 by Spykelvis
Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:14 pm
Rebooting isn't doing it, at least not yet anyway. A good tip nonetheless. I hope they can resolve this soon, the Mrs. is not happy.
#68943 by lbmofo
Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:56 pm
Have you tried calling using another service other than AT&T landline?
#68955 by Spykelvis
Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:28 am
The number has simply not been ported yet. I can call my secondary OOMA number and calls received from my OOMA line come up with that number. Calling the number I am trying to get ported results in a "number no longer in service" message. Somehow, the port has broken down on the OOMA side. ATT tells me they released the number to OOMA 2 days ago. I just can't believe that it is normal for the porting process to leave my primary number dead for this long. Worse, the advice from customer support is "wait for it, we'll contact you when it's complete." They say they are waiting from word from ATT that the number has been transferred but I don't think that is coming, it's already been transferred based on what ATT and my dead land line tell me.
#68970 by Spykelvis
Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:33 pm
This morning I called and was told that the port would happen in one hour. I tried numerous reboots without success and then after 4 hours called back and was told that the porting team wasn't in today and that nothing could be done until Monday I was intentionally lied to earlier in the day and still have no firm date as to when or if the port will actually take place. The phone number that friends and family have known for us has now been out of service for 2 full days and it will be a minimum of 1 more. This is a very poor start.
#68971 by lbmofo
Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:34 pm
Spykelvis wrote:This morning I called and was told that the port would happen in one hour. I tried numerous reboots without success and then after 4 hours called back and was told that the porting team wasn't in today and that nothing could be done until Monday I was intentionally lied to earlier in the day and still have no firm date as to when or if the port will actually take place. The phone number that friends and family have known for us has now been out of service for 2 full days and it will be a minimum of 1 more. This is a very poor start.

You were in landline integration mode right? Have you disconnected the phone line going into the wall port of ooma?
#68973 by Spykelvis
Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:47 pm
I'm not sure what you mean by land line integration mode. I have nothing going into the wall port on the OOMA. It's my understanding that I should only do that for house distribution which I am not doing right now with my Telo.
#69172 by Spykelvis
Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:39 pm
Yesterday my port finally went through. It took one more call to customer service but in the end its now working. 3 1/2 days without my home number seems extreme but I am glad to finally have it over. Let the savings begin!
#70759 by jenb
Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:02 am
Porting has been a nightmare. We moved 3 weeks ago and I've had to leave my phone number active at my old house since then but can't receive calls since we're not there. So, anyone who tries to call, it just rings and rings. We started this on November 10 and I was so excited to try this out. My Oooma premier subscription is almost up and my numbers (which I paid to port) haven't even been ported yet. Every week I have to call AT&T to extend my phone service so we can finish the port. I can't seem to get help from Ooma customer service, they don't know what to say. Is there anyone at Ooma who can help? Please, it's the holidays and I'd like my phone numbers. Thank you.