Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#68499 by lmckuin
Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:06 am
Hi, I just got my new ooma after lots of research. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be powering on. NOTHING is happening (no lights or anything). Am I missing something - is there a button I should push to get the ball rolling or something else I can do/ try?

If I got a lemon, this is a big problem as I'm currently overseas and want to use it here - so swapping it out will NOT be easy.

Thanks for any advice/ tips you have!!
#68510 by kblgy
Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:54 am
well it sounds like it's just not working . but do you need an adapter for the country your in?? electrical??
#68517 by lmckuin
Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:56 am
well, that's what I was very afraid of. It's not an electrical issue - the ooma says it's good for 220V currents. I also tried it on a step-down converter just in case. No dice. Now off to figure out how to swap out this unit from a zillion miles away. argh.... not off to a good start here.
#68684 by ntoy
Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:12 pm
Hello,

I'm afraid I do not show any log files for your telo. Yes, the power supply should be able to handle 220. Do you see any link lights on the "To Internet" port? One should be solid & the other pulsing. It's hard to tell if the power supply or telo may be defective. Unfortunately, we can only send RMA units in the US.