Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#68383 by avale
Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:28 pm
Hello, I just bought an Ooma Core (Hub and Scout combo). I had trouble activating it and had to call the support line. At first they told me there was a fee to re-register it but when I said that it has never been registered they reset something so I could register it online. It is my understanding that the Ooma Core doesn't have to pay the Fed taxes or associated E911 call support. Where in my account do I go to in order to confirm that is the case?

I'm also having trouble getting the Ooma to connect to the internet and my computers to see the internet when I put the Ooma between my modem and my router. The Ooma just flashes red with the #1 and #2 buttons glowing continuous red. At one point my computer wasn't connected to the internet but redirected me to the AT&T site that asks you to download software on your PC so your computer will make the connection to the internet (like my router wasn't even there). I put things back to normal (without Ooma) and all is back up and running. Do people recommend just connecting the Ooma to one of the ethernet ports of my router instead?

Thanks in advance!
#68386 by murphy
Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:20 pm
Did you power cycle your modem when you changed what was connected to it?
#68387 by avale
Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:33 pm
Yes, I power cycled everything a couple of times.
#68406 by tommies
Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:42 pm
avale wrote:I'm also having trouble getting the Ooma to connect to the internet and my computers to see the internet when I put the Ooma between my modem and my router. The Ooma just flashes red with the #1 and #2 buttons glowing continuous red. At one point my computer wasn't connected to the internet but redirected me to the AT&T site that asks you to download software on your PC so your computer will make the connection to the internet (like my router wasn't even there). I put things back to normal (without Ooma) and all is back up and running. Do people recommend just connecting the Ooma to one of the ethernet ports of my router instead?

Thanks in advance!

I guess that you have ATT DSL, and you have your login + password stored on the router. If you want to setup [modem > ooma > router] you need to store your logon + password in the ooma or the DSL modem.

For your last question, yes, this is my setup. I have the ooma connect to my router's eternet ports (LAN port). In this setup, if you have bad call quality, you need to set up QoS int the router to give ooma higher priority.

As for your first question, it's been a while when I last logged on to my account, so I don't remember where to look for it.
#68414 by avale
Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:49 pm
Thank you very much! That is the missing by of information I needed.