Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#68335 by aicitman
Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:34 am
I just installed ooma, waited more than a half hour, and the red light won't stop blinking. What's the problem here?

now the specs:
the ooma is connected (wan port) to a verizon dsl router (about 1mb down, 450kb up). the lan port on the ooma is connected to a netgear wireless router. The computer connected the netgear router can access the internet fine, just a little slower speed.

the 1 and 2 lights are on, as well some random lights on the bottom. If I pick up the phone connected to the ooma, I get a busy tone. When I call the number from a different phone, I go straight to the message machine.

What is the problem????
#68361 by aicitman
Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:45 pm
beerman1957 wrote:Have you tried putting the OOMA on the router? This is method 2B in the quick start manual.

Tried it. Worse than before. Can't even access [url]setup.ooma.com[/url]. Although, the internet is much faster.
#68547 by Aveamantium
Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:10 pm
aicitman wrote:I'm not so sure what you mean only one port. Over there they tell you to open about 20 ports. :cry: Which one do I have to open?

If your router's firewall is giving you issues then you'll either need to forward all those ports or assign a static IP to the Ooma device and then put that IP in the router's DMZ.