Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#68304 by TT-00
Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:25 pm
Hi All,

I'm new to this, I just bought my Ooma from Costco last week. After activation I connected my Ooma after the modem (Comcast service) then Ooma then router (linksys) then to a 3 PC using hard wired, but I couldn't get internet on PC. Please help.
#68348 by beerman1957
Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:32 am
TT-00 wrote:Hi All,

I'm new to this, I just bought my Ooma from Costco last week. After activation I connected my Ooma after the modem (Comcast service) then Ooma then router (linksys) then to a 3 PC using hard wired, but I couldn't get internet on PC. Please help.

Hook your TELO to one of the router ports (1-4) and the Cable modem into the INTERNET port. This is method 2B and seems to work for a lot of people. If you do this, however, you will need to power off and on in order:

1. Power off ALL devices.
2. Power up the Cable modem and wait for the green light to come on that lets you know you are connected.
3. Hook the Cable Internet wire to the INTERNET port of the router. Power up router and wait at least 30 seconds.
4. Hook up the TELO to one of the ports labeled 1-2-3-4. It doesn't matter which one. The TELO only has one Internet port, so you can't miss that. The CAT 5 cable won't fit in the regular telephone ports. Once the TELO is hooked up, power on and WAIT. It may seem like it takes forever for the TELO to initialize. Once the red lights stop, all the lights are blue. Now you can hook your phone into the TELO.
5. Hook the computer back into the router ports 1-2-3-4. You should get a new IP on your computer. This too may take a minute or so.

Let us know if this helps.