Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#68198 by Jodi
Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:37 am
Just hooked up the Telo and have a couple of problems. We have cable internet and a linksys router. We have done installation A and we are using our own cordless phone base.
Problem 1. The lights are blue and our computer shows network connected, however web pages will no longer open.
Problem 2. We can make outgoing calls but when someone calls us it doesn't ring on our end. :cry: :?
#68199 by Leeway
Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:11 am
Hello Jodi and welcome to the group!!

Connect to the Ooma setup page http://setup.ooma.com with your computer connected to the Home port of your Telo.

Click on the Network tab.
Click on Use built in MAC address.
Click on Update
Turn off power to your modem, Ooma, and Router.
Turn on modem and wait until all necessary lights are back on. (a minute or two)
Turn on Telo & wait till it is all blue.
Turn on the router

Donna
#68254 by Aveamantium
Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:32 pm
So you're connection is Modem - Telo - Router - Computer? If this is true, my guess is the router isn't getting the right DNS settings from the Telo. Try this setup... Modem - Router - Telo/Computer (both connected directly to the router) and see if this helps.

Or if you don't want to make these changes, log into the router and make sure DNS and IP are set to DHCP or autoconfig.
#68344 by beerman1957
Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:17 am
Jodi wrote:Just hooked up the Telo and have a couple of problems. We have cable internet and a linksys router. We have done installation A and we are using our own cordless phone base.
Problem 1. The lights are blue and our computer shows network connected, however web pages will no longer open.
Problem 2. We can make outgoing calls but when someone calls us it doesn't ring on our end. :cry: :?

Jodi, what model of Linksys Router do you have? I am using a WRT54G, which is one of the most popular. It has two external antennas and the model is on the bottom. Also, what is the make and model of your cable modem? I think you have an IP conflict. Maybe.

What method do you have this set up? Method 2A is : CABLE MODEM--> TELO ---> Linksys ---> Computer.

2B is CABLE MODEM ---> Linksys ----> Telo in one of the ports (does not matter) --> Computer in other Linksys port. You should have 2 extra ports on your linksys since they come with 4 ports.

Even though method 2A is recommended, I have set mine up both ways and have no issues with either method. I would try method 2B before giving up on it. Make double sure that you plug your cable modem into the INTERNET port of the Linksys and NOT port 1-2-3-4.

If you go directly into the router, then the IP and DNS are automatically resolved. It won't really effect your calls going to method 2B. If you go to method B, you need to do a total reset. This means power off the cable modem, the Telo and Router. Plug them back in order: Cable Modem--> Green Light goes on. Then Plug in router and wait for a minute or so. Plug in the TELO to the router and WAIT for blue lights. Then plug in the computer.

Other issues:

1. The IP of the TELO and the IP of the Linksys are the same or the Cable Modem and Telo are the same IP. This is HIGHLY unlikely, but possible. I am thinking that the Telo and Cable Modem are in conflict. Some cable modems you can adjust the IP but I would have to know what make and model it is.

2. You have port blocking on either the router or on the firewall built into your computer OS.

3. You may have to login to the router directly to fix some of these things. Are you comfortable with this?
#68357 by Jodi
Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:06 pm
I'm not home to get model numbers but it's a Linksys G and a new Motorola cable modem. I will try setup B tonight and go from there. Thanks!!
#68452 by Aveamantium
Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:44 pm
Jodi wrote:Which Telo slot do you put the ethernet cable into? There are 2, "Home Network" and "To internet"

Connect the Modem to the Router and then the Router to the "To Internet" port on the Telo. Leave the "Home Network" port empty (this is all assuming your using Modem - Router - Telo Config).
#68462 by lbmofo
Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:30 pm
You have GE DECT 6.0 phone? A number of people had issues with GE phone on getting callerid from Ooma.

If not, are you in landline integration mode? That's a known bug too for some folks when in landline integration mode.