Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#68049 by kieranmullen
Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:55 pm
As I understand it you can answer and have 2 calls going at the same time when they are called in through the main number, and can have 2 outgoing calls at the same time. So when will it have the ability to have 2 phone numbers for those to simultaneous phone conversations? Seems like a minor thing to do when they are already most of the way there.
#68061 by southsound
Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:08 pm
That day happened long ago. I have had two numbers on my hub and now on my Telo. You need Premier to have the additional number. And you can havde up to four numbers (extra charges apply) with the numbers shared or paired to a private device (Telo handset). I have mine shared with a different ring pattern for each. Outgoing calls can use either CID. For the "main" number, I just pick up and dial. For the second number, I dial **1 before the number. Works like a champ!
#68063 by kieranmullen
Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:20 pm
So my information shows on the new core system I activated $99 per year. Will they still honor that?

Can you have multiple numbers ported per system? If so if you upgrade to premiere is the porting fee on all numbers ported waived?

southsound wrote:That day happened long ago. I have had two numbers on my hub and now on my Telo. You need Premier to have the additional number. And you can havde up to four numbers (extra charges apply) with the numbers shared or paired to a private device (Telo handset). I have mine shared with a different ring pattern for each. Outgoing calls can use either CID. For the "main" number, I just pick up and dial. For the second number, I dial **1 before the number. Works like a champ!
#68067 by southsound
Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:23 pm
I can't tell you for sure about the $99 question - that will be up to ooma when you call them to subscribe. Current price is $119 (I believe). As far as the free port - you only get one with Annual Premier. Additional ports are $39.95.

Not sure if you have a hub (white) or Telo (black) but if you want to have two simultaneous conversations, you will either need the scout (for the hub) or Telo handset (for the Telo). There is only one wired FXS port on the hub and one on the Telo. The hub can add an additional FXS port using the scout. The PHONE jack on both devices only supports one line.

And welcome to ooma!
#68072 by murphy
Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:25 am
kieranmullen wrote:What is the cost of the second year or premier service? If it is indeed less than $12 per year afterwards I will get it.

I am surprised it is not in the FAQ's

$119.99 per year.

https://www.ooma.com/legal/rates
#68074 by kieranmullen
Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:41 am
Ouch... Thats steep.. I am ok for the first year but not every year... it is a toss up... I pay $3.99 per DID for 2 channels of voice & unlimited incoming minutes through the PBXinaflash special http://pbxinaflash.com/vitelity/ so it would cost me $47.88 to keep it there & I could do my own simulring and pay per minute for it for outgoing of course but I only use it when I am out.