Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#68023 by i24u
Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:40 pm
Does the telo headset need to be pluged into a land line (phone jack) or will it work wireless with telo unit. My telo unit is downstairs and I want to put a phone upstairs but have no phone jack in my bedroom or any rooms upstairs for that matter now that I think about it. I'm currently using a cheap cordless phone set now (that gives me a phone upstairs) that i'll like to replace with ooma phones. Also is there any place to find them cheaper then $50 at bestbuy. Black friday maybe??
#68024 by southsound
Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:42 pm
The Telo handset is a DECT 6.0 handset that operates wirelessly. The stand that it normally sits in is a charging base only. I've found that my Telo handsets work for about 120' or more from the Telo unit. YMMV.
#68046 by dabido
Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:34 pm
Do you experience very delayed ringing of your Telo handset? When an incoming call comes in, I see the number 1 flashing on my Telo, but the handset doesn't seem to register the incoming call for about 10-15 seconds...by that point the call is about to enter voicemail, and I'm just hearing the ring.

It's been happening very consistently today, and occasionally the handset wasn't even ringing at all..I missed some calls today because of this.
Any suggestions?