Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#4620 by benrhutchins
Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:18 pm
Here's my dilemma.

Switching from ATT landline & DSL to just Dry-Loop DSL, and I want to use Ooma as my phone service.

2 satellite receivers
2 phones
and 1 computer

They all need to be connected to a phone line, and they are all in different rooms around the house. Each has a DSL filter on it, so voice frequencies are separated out of the DSL traffic.

My questions are:

1. Can I connect the phone port of the Ooma hub device to my home phone wiring through the filter to connect all home phone jacks?

2. If I have dry-loop DSL, will there still be phone-line power, and will this fry the Ooma hub if there is?

Any help would be appreciated.
#4621 by trim81
Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:28 pm
No need for 5 scouts.

1) remove the phone line coming in to your house from the outside.

2) On the back of the Ooma, plug a cord from the PHONE port into one of your wall outlets.

Your house should now be distributed with Ooma..all phone jacks should now work
#4630 by tommies
Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:40 pm
1) remove the phone line coming in to your house from the outside.

NO, doing so will disconnect the dls signal.

You need a few line1-line2 spliters (around 6 according to your need).

just plug every thing to your house wiring line 2 (using the splitter) including the phone port on the hub. Assuming that line 2 is not in use.

Or if you willing to open the demarc box and switching the dsl signal to line 2( remove the blue pair and substitute with the orange pair) you only need only one splitter for the dsl modem to connect to line 2. Everything is on line 1.

Also, you might need to change the dialing sequence of the satellites (ex. adding prefix [*99,] etc. ) I'm not so sure about this.
#4634 by southsound
Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:59 pm
I would recommend tommies second suggestion. It takes a lot less hardware and will work well.
#4642 by Boondocs
Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:08 am
southsound wrote:I would recommend tommies second suggestion. It takes a lot less hardware and will work well.

I did the same as tommie suggested.
#6097 by benrhutchins
Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:20 pm
Thanks! I figured it out =)

I put my DSL traffic on the line-2 pair of wires in the house, and disconnected the first line/pair of wires. I rigged a splitter to have line 2 and line 1 switched on one port, so now I have my DSL connected to the swapped port, and ooma on the first. No need for more splitters, just the one.

line 1 - ooma & phones
line 2 - dsl

Thanks Tommies!!!