Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#68240 by teksmith63
Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:25 pm
I have the same problem and it started when the firmware was updated to 41189. Phone works fine, but the I can't connect to the internet. I put Ooma behind the router and the internet starts working, but voice quality suffers and now my wife won't use Ooma.

Is it possible that you have a different FW revision on your new Ooma and that is why it is working?
#69109 by pjcampbells
Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:48 am
I just purchased an Ooma Telo, and upon installation (modem -> Ooma -> router) and automatic update I have no Internet access even though Ooma works. I have actually had to remove Ooma and reinstall my non-functional Vonage in order to get the internet connection working again. This firmware update sounds like a potential issue. :(
#69110 by nn5i
Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:16 am
tbtu wrote:I exchanged for a new box and this one works without any problem.
So it was not the firmware issue but was the box problem.

Actually, it could easily be the firmware issue and not a faulty box. The replacement is almost certainly not running 41189. Not yet, anyway. Good luck!
#69120 by ntoy
Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:59 am
pjcampbells wrote:I just purchased an Ooma Telo, and upon installation (modem -> Ooma -> router) and automatic update I have no Internet access even though Ooma works. I have actually had to remove Ooma and reinstall my non-functional Vonage in order to get the internet connection working again. This firmware update sounds like a potential issue. :(

Hello,

Welcome to the forums! I suggest changing your forum userid. You may be a candidate for unwanted calls. Please send a personal message to me on what you would like it to be & I can make the change.

Your box is on firmware 41565. If you remove your router & plug your pc via ethernet cable to the "To Internet" port, do you see link lights that are active & can you surf the web?
#69683 by johnxy
Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:03 pm
My ooma actually stopped working also, it was unplugged today and replugged in and now I cannot go on the internet. The Home internet lights are on, but the to internet orange light is not. I would really like some feedback on this. I tried using different ethernet, restarting my modem, ooma, and router. It cannot be my routers nor my modems fault because I am hooked up to them now.
#69794 by EricJRW
Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:09 pm
tbtu wrote:Just want to add that the high level tech support was able to connect to my Ooma box
remotely and checked all the settings and status. He did not find anything wrong.

This would seem to imply that access to the Internet is fine... Just accessing the Internet via the home port is not working.

While I see the advantage of putting a home network behind the ooma device, for troubleshooting purposes (if your modem does not have more than one Ethernet port) it might be nice to have a hub that you can put between ooma and modem so that the computer (network) can bypass the ooma device.

Looking forward to keeping track of this thread, as I certainly can see how an update can hose Internet access via the ooma device.
#74041 by virgilcaine
Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:29 am
tbtu wrote:I exchanged for a new box and this one works without any problem.
So it was not the firmware issue but was the box problem.
My connection now is modem-Ooma-router
Thanks for the support.

Hmm...I've just recently bought a Telo and had the exact same problems as you (though I'm not aware of any specific firmware upgrades). I wonder if mine is also defective. I've tried everything suggested by tech support and in the forums to no avail. I really do not want to settle for having my Telo behind the router (Modem->Router->Telo).

@ntoy: I bought this Telo online (received it Saturday, 1/29) and it is still under warranty. Can you either explain the RMA process or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

vc
#74043 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:00 am
The current Ooma Telo firmware is "Device Status - Rev: 1.42086".

You can see your "Staus" page by accessing "Ooma setup" through the Ooma Telo's home port connected to your computer, than click on "Staus".

For the first time you connect your Ooma to the Internet you have to leave the Ooma connected and powered for up to an hour to download the latest fireware.

Note: If you just search the word "airport" from the "Board index" page, there are 26 pages of information to view about the Airport Extreme.

If you are still having problems contact:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Customer support can test from their end, and also provide a replacement Ooma Telo, if it is required.