In my previous post (OOMA is working but internet is down) to resolve the issue of OOMA (Telo) not able to send internet traffic to my laptop didn't resolve.
I spoke with OOMA customer Service rep and they told me that I should use DMZ to make it work.
My setup is : MODEM (Comcast Cable) => OOMA (Telo) => Laptop
OOMA works fine. no issues in quality of call. but internet doesn't work.
Under the configuration page in the Ooma (http://setup.ooma.com) or 172.27.35.1
I have configured to use DHCP setting and the built in MAC address.
Please help me to configure how to use DMZ setting.
Please note, I had Comcast Technician visited my home and checked the connection.
My Modem to Laptop setup works just fine.
My Modem to OOMA setup also works fine... since I can make all phone calls and receive as well
I tried it and it didn't work. I put the home port IP address of 172.27.35.1
So, I called OOMA again and they asked me to check whether I see any lights on the Home Port when Cable is attached.
I did see GREEN light but not the orange blinking light.
Rep told me that it seems like u have defective home port. Hopefully, they will send me replacement unit.
Oh no ! I think you got it wrong abt my set up. I don't have Router. Only Modemn8399 wrote:To clarify your setup: Telo MODEM port connected to router LAN port and laptop/PC connected to Telo HOME port as diagrammed in Telo QIG Option 2B? Reboot your Telo then laptop with described setup since Comcast router probably assigns IP in different DHCP range than Telo for example 192.168.x.x/ Telo's 172.27.35.x/ 10.x.x.x. Renew your laptop's IP http://helpdeskgeek.com/networking/rele ... p-address/
Modem ( Motorola SB5101U) => OOMA (to Internet port) => Laptop (from Home port)
Link to your related topic would help Ooma forum users provide guidance. http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 1&start=10
My confguration is Modem (zoom) -> OOMA (Telo) -> Router (Netgear).
chambrick wrote:I spent about 1 hour with them on the phone late yesterday. Let me just say that the phone support seems pretty worthless. Anyway, the one suggestion they had was to change my configuration of Cable Modem > Ooma > Router to Cable Modem > Router > Ooma and Computer behind router. So I disconnected my ooma device, made sure my cable modem was setup with my router for my home network. This was the way I have always had my device setup before I got the ooma device. Once I was on the internet and everything was working, then I connected my Ooma device to my router. Then Ooma came up. Know it has the same IP range from DHCP that my computer has since they are both behind my router. Ooma is working fine. SO I have internet and phone again.
Give it a try. Maybe there is something wrong in some firmware upgrade that ooma has released that causes an issue.