Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#66188 by fillupc
Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:01 pm
Hello to all, and thanks in advance for any help that may come my way.

Here is my situation. I originally had DSL only, with no phone service. Due to this my ooma is setup for two virtual numbers. Since then I have had the landline phone service activated and would like to use this number as the primary number for my ooma and use the original primary ooma number as the new secondary number. Follow all of that??? Is this possible?

Thanks again,

Phillip
#66189 by lbmofo
Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:30 pm
Call customer service and remove the 2dary number that you don't want.

Then port your number over. The ported over number would become your primary. If you don't remove 1 of 2 numbers that you have now, your ported over number will replace your primary number.
#66207 by southsound
Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:19 pm
fillupc wrote:Thanks for the reply.

I do not want to port my landline number over. I just want it to be the primary ooma number and use ooma for voicemail.

What you are describing is called "landline integration" and most of the folks on the forum recommend against it. Many of the ooma features are negated by the configuration and if you want free ooma features like caller ID and call waiting, you need to configure them - and pay extra for them - on your landline. If you really want to keep all those features on your landline and just save on long distance and have a second line, why not use the ooma standalone and keep your landline as is. Then you can either use two-line phones or use two sets of cordless phones that have multiple handsets. That's what many of us have done. Again, a firm recommendation AGAINST landline integration. JMHO - YMMV. :cool:
#66208 by WayneDsr
Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:34 pm
I'm with Southsound on this one. I'm a former integrated landline customer. Don't recommend it.

Wayne