Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#65535 by scarell2
Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:14 am
I am using my At&T land line which is what I used when I activated the Ooma. I followed instructions carefully. I could not get it to boot up. I Have a At&T Modem with internet wifi router...I plugged the wall line into the wall port, the phone line into the phone port and phone base and the device to the router...what am I doint wrong...what is a DSL filter?
#65559 by tommies
Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:53 pm
I assume that you have ATT DSL,
I Have a At&T Modem with internet wifi router ... what is a DSL filter?

You need to
  1. connect the 'To Internet' port on the Telo to on of the LAN ports on your router using a network cable, the one come with telo is good enough,
  2. connect a phone to the Telo PHONE port with a phone cord,
  3. if you have an ooma issued phone number, leave the WALL port empty (i.e. you choose not to use land line integration). On the other hand, if you choose to use your phone number with ooma, (i.e. you don't have an ooma phone number) you need to connect your working land line into telo WALL port. However, many users recommend not using land line integration with telo.

The Telo may go to software update after boot up, and the telo's bottom icons light up running from left to right, just walk away and come back later when all light is blue. Your phone should have an ooma dial tone now.