Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#65033 by user3477
Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:26 am
Got my new Ooma handset yesterday but haven't gotten it to work I've tried everything that's been suggested in the forums.

Tried paring it the recommend way by holding down the tower button until it flashes rapidly then turn on the handset
Tried pressing the left soft key above the green call button but nothing happens
Unplugging the Ooma telo for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in then turning on the handset.
Hold down the stop and trash buttons to reset the Ooma Telo and then put it into pairing mode and then turning on the handset
Tried turning off the handset then holding down the 0 and left soft key above the green call button and then pressing the red call button quickly and letting go of the 0 and left soft keys quickly

So I'm out of ideas so it looks like I have to contact customer service.
#65035 by tommies
Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:07 am
Does your HS go to Auto Registration mode when turning ON? If not, you need to reset the HS by these steps:
  • turn the HS off by press and hold the Red button.
  • Press and hold both the Left Soft key + the '0' key
  • Turn the HS on
Then the HS will goes to Auto Registration mode, and then quickly press+hold for few seconds the 'Page' key on the Telo (in the top right corner)

The HS now will ask for a PIN, then follow the instruction to finish the registration.
#65051 by user3477
Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:46 pm
tommies wrote:Does your HS go to Auto Registration mode when turning ON? If not, you need to reset the HS by these steps:
  • Turn the HS on
Then the HS will goes to Auto Registration mode, and then quickly press+hold for few seconds the 'Page' key on the Telo (in the top right corner)

The HS now will ask for a PIN, then follow the instruction to finish the registration.

I've tried that quite a few times know still doesn't work.
#65164 by Groundhound
Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:02 am
user3477 wrote:
tommies wrote:Does your HS go to Auto Registration mode when turning ON? If not, you need to reset the HS by these steps:
  • Turn the HS on

In the third step above when you turn the handset back on while holding down the left soft key and "0" key, only briefly tap the red power button to turn it back on, continue holding the other two keys until the screen display lights up & shows "auto registration".
#65167 by user3477
Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:35 am
Groundhound wrote:
user3477 wrote:
  • Turn the HS on

In the third step above when you turn the handset back on while holding down the left soft key and "0" key, only briefly tap the red power button to turn it back on, continue holding the other two keys until the screen display lights up & shows "auto registration".

I tried those steps and still didn't work.

I contacted tech support and after more then an hour on the phone with them trying to get the phone to pair using those keys they just said that the phone was bad and had broken keys which seems odd because they seem to all work and they'd be sending me a new one.

I think the phone is defect anyways because for some odd reason sometimes if you pickup or put down the phone without touching any keys while its already turned off it automatically turns itself on randomly and sometimes if you press certain keys on the phone that are not the red phone key while its off the phone turns its self on.

So hopefully a replacement will come in the mail soon.
#65286 by gflu
Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:16 pm
If it's any consolation, the soft key method above worked for me to get my HS paired with the Telo. It was not registering so after a couple of attempts at holding the keys in the right sequence and for the right amount of time, I got it to auto register. It is maybe the worst LCD screen in handset history with the worst graphics and screen resolution I've ever seen. Ofen the keys don't work either. Clearly Ooma spared every expense in the design and mfg of this device. Or more likely they just outsourced the whole thing to some third party who slapped it together with cheap parts. Good luck selling many of these.
#65287 by ntoy
Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:28 pm
Hello user3477,

If you have a phone connected to the "Phone" port on the back of your telo, try this:

Pick up phone to get dialtone and dial *#*#191

Then try to register the telo handset again. If still having difficulties, try to reset the handset again with the above directions.
#67925 by pierrer
Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:18 pm
Just got a handset a few days ago and can't get it to register either. I did few search on google and found few suggestions but no luck yet. Any idea if there is a fix out there or need to return the phone