Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#64546 by liuxiaob
Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:31 am
Hi,

I have been using this configuratio for 5 months without problem
Linksys CM100 modem <---> Dlink DIR635 wireless router <---> Ooma Hub

Recently, I noticed that the voice quality of ooma is bad with long delay. Yesterday, while I am doing heavy downloading with computer, the ooma could not even dial out. Although the dial tone is there, the other side is always busy. I tried to call my cell phone, ooma could not connect through.

So I am thinking to put Ooma ahead of router, to utilize its QoS service to ensure voice quality.
However, after long waiting time, the red blinking light is still on. I log to http://setup.ooma.com,
it shows internet connection is ok, but ooma connection is not established.

Please help on what I can do to make it work.

BTW, my internet provider is WOW, speed: upload ~1Mbps, download~2 Mbps.

Thanks.
Last edited by liuxiaob on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#64547 by murphy
Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:44 am
Did you turn the cable modem off while you were making the connection changes?
#64555 by liuxiaob
Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:21 am
Yes, also recycled power for a few times.

Later, I put the hub after router, works ok. But I still want to give Ooma hub higher priority.

murphy wrote:Did you turn the cable modem off while you were making the connection changes?
#64584 by liuxiaob
Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:08 pm
My issue is similar to what is in the other discussion "OOOMA Won't Connect to AT&T Modem", except that
my internet service provider is 'WOW', which is similar to Comcast cable.

A few questions on "http://setup.ooma.com" setup, when I connect Ooma hub right after modem and before router:
Network menu: Do I have to use PPPoE protocol? Can I use DHCP instead?
MODEM PORT ADDRESS: I tried USE BUILT IN, and also tried clone my DLINK router MAC

I tried DHCP and built-in MAC address, also DHCP and cloned MAC address. In both configurations, after click UPDATE and wait for a minute, ooma blue light is on, ooma seems working well. But after I reboot everything, Ooma hub stays with red light.

but if I put ooma hub after router, it seems always working well after reboot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.