Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#64526 by utlax18
Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:06 pm
So here it is in a nutshell after 2 days...

1.Still getting the Ooma logo flashing blue and pink.
2.I tried invoking "Built in MAC", but when I do, the internet drops off of my router and thus makes Ooma (and eveything else) inoperable when trying to connect to the internet. I have powered cycle modem/router/Ooma and still nothing
3.I just tried calling my cell phone and the Ooma chime starts up after 2 rings, then I get a busy signal with the Ooma chime mixed in. "Busy signal, ooma chime, busy signal, ooma chime, busy signal ooma chime, etc.
4. I tried calling Ooma from my cell, Ooma rings once and goes straight to voice mail, when I called "envelope" was blue, not it is red. How did it go to red without me touching it?
5. I have it set up as landline since I am still using my Comcast voip. So, I have the phone line from the Comcast modem going to WALL on back of Ooma and a line going from PHONE on the back of Ooma to the phone jack in the wall.
6. Yes, called support, talked to the CR rep, logged my issue, then on hold for 30 minutes to try and get in contact with a tech person, but could not wait any longer because of another commitment.

Here is the status of my Comcast modem...
Downstream
Freq/Power: 621.000 MHz -11 dBmV
Signal to Noise Ratio: 34 dB
Modulation: QAM256

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upstream
Freq/Power: 30.800 MHz 46 dBmV
Channel Type: DOCSIS 1.x (TDMA)

Symbol Rate: 2560 kSym/sec

Modulation: QAM16

My pingtest results:

Packet loss: 0%
Ping: 21 Ms
JItter: 20Ms

My speed test results:

Ping: 25ms
Download speed: 18.89 Mb/ps
Upload speed: 2.97 Mb/ps

So...do you just suggest I change to a non integrated land line mode then? I am afraid once I have my number ported, I am going to have the same problems and be stuck.

I am beginning to think this is just one big POS that I nevert should have bought for $200.

Thanks again..REALLY do appreciate EVERYONE trying to help me with this.
#64534 by Groundhound
Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:58 pm
Before Ooma I had Comcast Digital Voice, but I knew that if Ooma worked I would replace the CDV with Ooma - so I did not try to integrate the two. I know that that was the best decision I could have made as landline integration causes more problems than it solves IMO. If you are evaluating Ooma as a replacement for CDV I recommend having Ooma customer service remove landline integration and assign a temporary Ooma phone number. Forward your CDV incoming calls to the Ooma number while you are evaluating Ooma and if the evaluation is successful then port your CDV number to Ooma to replace the temporary Ooma number.