Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#64463 by mthomp15
Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:50 am
I previously had my OOMA connected to my DSL Modem and then wired to my router.... everything worked fine. Last night, the router died (confirmed with manufacturer over the phone... cell phone that is) and I lost all connections. I can wire my computer directly to the modem, and the internet fires right up. However, when i try to configure system in the fashion described in the OOMA manual for a computer without a router, it doesn't connect to the modem (the red lights do not stop blinking on the OOMA box and the Home light on the back does not light up.. the Modem light on the back of the OOMA box does though).

So, I'm not sure what else to do at this point.

Suggestions?
#64472 by murphy
Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:06 am
Did you turn off the modem while you were changing what was connected to it?
That is an absolute requirement for all cable modems to make it forget the MAC address of the last device that was connected.
#64486 by WayneDsr
Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:01 am
Make sure you plugged the cable from the modem to MODEM PORT on the back of the Ooma device.
Also make sure you are using a known good cable.
Next connect a pc or laptop to the HOME port of the Ooma device, restart the pc to receive an ip from the Ooma device.
Go to http://setup.ooma.com
In the NETWORK menu set up the connection usint PPPoE. Enter in your user name and password for your AT&T Internet account.
Change the MODEM PORT ADDRESS to USE BUILT IN.
Click UPDATE.

Reboot all equipment starting with the DSL modem.

If this still does not work, you may have to connect a pc directly to your AT&T modem and set it to BRIDGE MODE.

Wayne