Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#63888 by suttung
Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:46 pm
Hi there- I got my Ooma today and hooked it up- after an hour and a half, I still have a flashing red flower and 4 blue lights (1 / 2 / trash / mail)... I am still waiting on the phone for support to answer the phone... what do I need to do?

Thanks in advance!

suttung
#63891 by erics
Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:00 pm
Details, please, What is your setup? What devices are attaché to it, and in what orde? DSL or cable? C"mon, my crystal ball is low on charge right now.
#63894 by suttung
Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:28 pm
Hi there and thanks for the fast reply...

I have the Ooma Telco and have it attached to a AT&T 2Wire modem / router... also hooked up to the AT&T is my computer and a xbox360... my phone attached is a Panasonic KX-TG6541 and I have the wall connected as well... on the back of the Ooma I have the cat5 cable connected through the router at the Home Network connection...

While I was waiting, I moved the Home Network cable over to the Internet one and after about 15 minutes I got a blue light...

Now I am not receiving calls on my regular line that is currently connected... only on my new number... and the flashing blue lights keep coming up and disconnecting the calls we are trying...

Do I just need to leave it alone for a while?

... and how do I get it to ring through my regular number until I port it?

Thanks!
#63898 by lbmofo
Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:36 pm
If ooma assigned a new/temp number, you shouldn't have anything connected to the wall port of the ooma. Plug your home phone to the phone port and you should have service via the new/temp number. Your regular line should not be impacted by your ooma setup.
#63899 by suttung
Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:38 pm
my regular old phone number is not coming through... people call it and it just rings... I never hear it ringing...
#63900 by lbmofo
Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:39 pm
You got phones connected to your regular line?
#63902 by suttung
Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:41 pm
the only phone I have hooked up is the one connected to my Ooma... and I have the Ooma connected to the line in the wall
#63903 by suttung
Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:46 pm
do I need to run a split at the back of my cordless to have both the Ooma and the line from the wall connected?
#63904 by lbmofo
Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:49 pm
If you got a new number or a temp number from ooma, you don't want to connect the wall port to your wall jack.

Phone connected to your ooma device will ring if someone calls your new/temp number and phone connected to your wall jack will ring if someone calls your regular number.

If you want to just use the phone connected to ooma, you can forward your regular number to your new/temp number.

Given you have this feature with your regular line, call fowarding usually works like this: *72 + your temp number including the area code.