Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#103124 by yadzek
Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:37 pm
I have called my ooma corporate contact twice and emailed once.
I spoke with a tmobile rep who said in his experience that I need to make sure ooma porting subcontractors were attempting to port my number as a cell number and not as a home number as there is a difference in the procedure.
He also checked my account and assured me that NO port out request has beeen attemped as of Nov. 12.
I have now attempted to contact someone in Mr. Buckley's office.

( I was told you cannot talk with anyone in the porting dept)
#103175 by yadzek
Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:51 pm
Never got a call back but did recieve this email today...
You have recently requested your phone number to be ported from your current phone carrier over to Ooma. This email is to let you know that we have submitted all of the information you provided to your current carrier and are awaiting confirmation from them. The expected due date of your request is on or before 12-11-2012; however, this is just an estimated completion date at this point. We will notify you via email the day before your port is to be completed. There is no need to call us since your request has already been processed. The purpose of this email is to simply let you know the expected date of your port request.

For your convenience, you can check the status of your number port at any time by visiting https://my.ooma.com/porting_status. Please note that Ooma Customer Care Representatives do not have access to any additional information regarding the status of your port request other than what is found on https://my.ooma.com/porting_status.

It can take up to 4 weeks to complete a number transfer request to Ooma. Since customer satisfaction is important to us, we will make every effort to expedite this process on your behalf with your current carrier; however, delays may occasionally occur since each telephone provider has different service standards.

Please remember not to cancel your phone service with your current phone carrier associated with this phone number until we send you confirmation that your porting process has been completed. You will receive this confirmation notice via email upon successful completion of your number being ported over to Ooma.

Thanks for choosing Ooma!

Sincerely,
William Warraich
Porting Coordinator

Will advise when it FINALLY does port
#103239 by crunch514
Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:34 am
Just so you know your not alone, I put in to port a tmobile@home number on Oct 24, 2012 and got an estimated port date of Nov 19, 2012.

I just received the same email you got changing the expected port date to Dec 12, 2012.

Seems they have a problem porting from tmobile@home.
#103356 by yadzek
Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:21 pm
SUCCESS

Your porting info was verified on Sep 24, 2012

Your port completed on Nov 16, 2012

Seven weeks and four days OR 53 days later my number was successfully ported

My advice to those with concerns is to keep calling the corporate number!

If your port took longer than 53 days please post in this thread.