Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#63853 by skolvikes
Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:33 am
Hello, I have had my service for just over a month and am happy so far. I sent my porting request on Aug 7, and am still waiting for the port to be completed. The online status has been on "port initiated" since a couple days after the original order was submitted. The original estimated date was Aug 26. When that day approached it was bumped to Sept 8. The number was previously ported to Tmobile@home (another VOIP service that was offered through tmobile in conjunction with my wireless phones) from Qwest. From what I have been reading it can take longer to port a previously ported number? Does anyone have any idea what a realistic timeframe might be? As soon as this goes through I am going to completely dump Tmobile including my wireless phones :D but in the meantime I am stuck waiting.

Thanks in advance

SV
#64263 by skolvikes
Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:27 am
Now I can answer my own question. It was completed on Sept 8. Works perfectly. Total time was a month and a day. :o I know the delay is not ooma's fault but I also got iphones yesterday and the phones were ported from regular Tmobile by the time I left the AT&T store :cool:
#64267 by southsound
Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:17 am
Now that you have iPhones, you might want to consider the ooma application for iPhone/iPod Touch. It works great and will allow you to use ooma's great International rates and save airtime minutes on your iPhone.
#102648 by yadzek
Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:01 am
I think I may start a post to see how long anyone has waited for a port to be completed
from tmobile

Your porting info was verified on Sep 24, 2012

Number port is estimated to complete on or before Oct 18, 2012

I have made numerous calls to customer service up to and including level 3 support.
Tmobile says NO port request has EVER been made on my account although I have been told by Ooma reps that the requests for porting have been denied.
Who to believe?

I now have someone in corporate supposedly working on it
I spoke with him yesterday but he said because of halloween(???) there had been no activity on it and I should await an email from him :o
#102652 by lbmofo
Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:55 am
yadzek wrote:Number port is estimated to complete on or before Oct 18, 2012

I dont email
I call

That port is stuck at pretty early stage. I'd ask customer service to kick start that again and keep you informed.
#102653 by yadzek
Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:03 am
have made numerous calls to customer service up to and including level 3 support.
Tmobile says NO port request has EVER been made on my account although I have been told by Ooma reps that the requests for porting have been denied.
Who to believe?

I now have someone in corporate supposedly working on it
I spoke with him yesterday but he said because of halloween(???) there had been no activity on it and I should await an email from him
#102654 by lbmofo
Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:28 am
Denied or never submitted, the issue remains that port is not done so hope Ooma porting would take it from here and help you get it through. One thing that should happen is that anytime any challenges arise in porting completion, you should be notified so they can help you resolve to resolution.