Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#63270 by bvol
Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:55 pm
I paid for the Premier plan on my Telo unit because it was supposed to provide an "Instant Second Line" when the main line is already being used, but it doesn't seem to work.

I have my Telo plugged into a standard 2-line phone. Line 1 works fine, but when Line 1 is being used, I only get a dead line on Line 2 and I cannot send or receive calls on the "Instand Second Line." How do I get the "Instant Second Line" to work properly?

(And yes, I am using a proper 2-line phone cord from the Telo to the phone unit.)

Any advice?
#63271 by cylooma
Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:33 pm
I think you need the Telo Handset in order to use the 2nd line feature. But I'm not 100% sure.

This is from the Ooma Premier product page - "With Ooma’s Instant Second Line feature, all you have to do is go to another Ooma Telo Handset in the house, pick it up, and you’ve got a fresh Ooma dial tone."
#63291 by southsound
Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:53 am
The PHONE port on the Telo only supplies one line. Your two line phones will always show a dead 2nd line. The WALL port is not used unless you have landline integration. The only way to use the second line is when you have a Telo handset. You can initiate the call on either unit and make or take the second call on the other.