Premier "Instant Second Line" doesn't work

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
bvol

Premier "Instant Second Line" doesn't work

Post by bvol » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:55 pm

I paid for the Premier plan on my Telo unit because it was supposed to provide an "Instant Second Line" when the main line is already being used, but it doesn't seem to work.

I have my Telo plugged into a standard 2-line phone. Line 1 works fine, but when Line 1 is being used, I only get a dead line on Line 2 and I cannot send or receive calls on the "Instand Second Line." How do I get the "Instant Second Line" to work properly?

(And yes, I am using a proper 2-line phone cord from the Telo to the phone unit.)

Any advice?

cylooma

Re: Premier "Instant Second Line" doesn't work

Post by cylooma » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:33 pm

I think you need the Telo Handset in order to use the 2nd line feature. But I'm not 100% sure.

This is from the Ooma Premier product page - "With Ooma’s Instant Second Line feature, all you have to do is go to another Ooma Telo Handset in the house, pick it up, and you’ve got a fresh Ooma dial tone."
Cox HSI -> Motorola cable modem -> Netgear wndr3700 w/ Qos -> Ooma Telo -> Uniden DECT2188-3

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:52 pm

cylooma wrote:I think you need the Telo Handset in order to use the 2nd line feature.
Confirming.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

southsound

Post by southsound » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:53 am

The PHONE port on the Telo only supplies one line. Your two line phones will always show a dead 2nd line. The WALL port is not used unless you have landline integration. The only way to use the second line is when you have a Telo handset. You can initiate the call on either unit and make or take the second call on the other.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.