Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#63135 by tonymena
Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:02 pm
I am trying to help my friend to set up her ooma Telo, when I entered the activation code O4EXXXX the system says that number does not exist, that I should call 1-888-711-6662 when I dialed option 5 to get help with the set up, it just sends me to the ooma.com and no person picks up the phone at ooma. please let me know where else I could be helped.
This device was bought in April by Alicia Irma F. and we need to activate it now. Some family issues didn't let us activate it earlier. Her phone number is 509-542-XXXX.

Thanks for your help

Joaquin
Current ooma customer
509-545-XXXX
#63141 by murphy
Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:38 pm
You appear to have typed the letter "oh" as the first character of the activation code.
It has to be a zero since the only valid characters are the numbers zero to nine and letters A through F.
That is, it's a hexadecimal number.
#63191 by ntoy
Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:09 am
Hello Joaquin,

Murphy is correct. Are you still having issues. It looks like this device was registered back in 4/2010 with the same landline number you had mentioned.
#63242 by tonymena
Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:23 pm
Sorry I forgot to mention that I already tried both the number zero and the letter "O", and got the same message. What I need is you guys to clear the restriction on hold for this device so I can be able to set it up. or tell me if any thing else that I need to do first.
#63244 by tonymena
Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:29 pm
Back in April we started the activation process but we did not finished it up. If it appears in your records as registered, does it mean that it is ready to be used and plug in the phone sets?
#63308 by ntoy
Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:35 am
Yes, it is registered in our system for Alicia. It was registered as Landline. Make sure to plug her active Landline into the
"Wall" port on the back of her telo & continue with the install instructions.
#63311 by tonymena
Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:54 am
ntoy wrote:Yes, it is registered in our system for Alicia. It was registered as Landline. Make sure to plug her active Landline into the
"Wall" port on the back of her telo & continue with the install instructions.

OK I am going to do that and start the porting process with her number.

Thanks.